11 34.38%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Suarez vs Benzema

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suarez vs Benzema

So I have seen a fair bit of debate regarding this online. Especially after Benzema started performing this well.

Who's better overall? Not just peak or longevity.

Who'll be remembered as better in discussion 10 years later. Try being as unbiased as possible. Vote!!!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Benzema especially if he keeps up this level for another season. Longevity is on his side.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suarez of course

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saurez.

Benzema making a good case for himself though.

Forum D'Amigos Tactical Unit - BBZ Containment Office
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Benz just slightly ahead of Suarez for me.

Argument for Benz:
    I don't think Suarez can make a difference at the CL KO level for a struggling team like Benz has been able to do for RM last couple of years.

Argument for Suarez:

Very high peak from 2013-2016 (probably 3rd highest after Messi and CR7 in the last 12-13 years). Benz never had this level of production or individual brilliance in his gameplay.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suarez

Easy one

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s close as recency bias can cloud judgement. But I’m going Suarez by a small margin.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would lean Suarez now but Benz could usurp him in the next 1-2 years.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easy for me. Benzema. Bigger body of work, involved in many more high-profile games in which he was often decisive. Suarez fell off just when he had to make his mark. Was at the end of some severe beatdowns in CL by comparison, and was known to be a lazy player.

Can't choose a player that basically played 1 CL final in his whole career vs a quadruple CL winner that influenced and was decisive in many CL semis or finals.

Suarez had more talent, but it's the nth example where better dedication and mentality trumps slightly more talent. It's not like Benzema doesn't have loads of talent anyway.

It's a bit like Ronaldinho vs Cristiano Ronaldo. I take consistency over a long time as the most important argument. Benzema is like top 3-5 in his position for about 12 years. Pretty crazy.
    Last edited by serghei; 26th March 2022 at 06:26 PM.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Easy for me. Benzema. Bigger body of work, involved in many more high-profile games in which he was often decisive. Suarez fell off just when he had to make his mark. Was at the end of some severe beatdowns in CL by comparison, and was known to be a lazy player.

Can't choose a player that basically played 1 CL final in his whole career vs a quadruple CL winner that influenced and was decisive in many CL semis or finals.

Suarez had more talent, but it's the nth example where better dedication and mentality trumps slightly more talent. It's not like Benzema doesn't have loads of talent anyway.

It's a bit like Ronaldinho vs Cristiano Ronaldo. I take consistency over a long time as the most important argument. Benzema is like top 3-5 in his position for about 12 years. Pretty crazy.
    Benzema had like 4 league goals a season years LMAO

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamrock View Post
    Saurez.

Benzema making a good case for himself though.
    If he performs like this another year, will he be ahead of Suarez for you??

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you remind me of some massive games where Benz made a difference in??

PSG and??

Always got the feeling that Ronaldo and Bale scored the most clutch goals. Ofcourse, Lord Karius gifted Benzema the worst goal in a CL final.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Temptation View Post
    Can you remind me of some massive games where Benz made a difference in??

PSG and??

Always got the feeling that Ronaldo and Bale scored the most clutch goals. Ofcourse, Lord Karius gifted Benzema the worst goal in a CL final.
    PSG, CL final vs Liverpool where he opened the score, CL semis vs Bayern where he scored the only goal vs Bayern on Bernabey in 2014, scored a double vs Bayern again on Bernabeu in 2018, made the goal vs Atletico away in 2017 that sealed the tie for them to play the final (was 2-3 on aggregate at the time with Atletico having Madrid on the ropes).

Do I really? Probably missed some even.

Some people even forgot Benzema scored vs Dortmund in the 2013 semis as well when they were close to overturn the 1-4 and only won 2-0 on Bernabeu in the return leg.
    Last edited by serghei; 26th March 2022 at 07:47 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PSG, CL final vs Liverpool where he opened the score, CL semis vs Bayern where he scored the only goal vs Bayern on Bernabey in 2014, scored a double vs Bayern again on Bernabeu in 2018, made the goal vs Atletico away in 2017 that sealed the tie for them to play the final (was 2-3 on aggregate at the time with Atletico having Madrid on the ropes).

Do I really? Probably missed some even.

Some people even forgot Benzema scored vs Dortmund in the 2013 semis as well when they were close to overturn the 1-4 and only won 2-0 on Bernabeu in the return leg.
    Thomas Muller(not a striker) has more CL knockout goals than Benzema. That should give you an idea.

Also, for other players goals in a losing cause is never counted. So the goals vs Dorrmund aren't really worth mentioning.

Some of the PSG goals, Karius and Ulreich goals were gifts. Pretty sure other players would be called "lucky" for them....
    Last edited by Temptation; 26th March 2022 at 08:02 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messigician View Post
    Benzema had like 4 league goals a season years LMAO
    I don't know a single elite player who would get away with that tally in a league season without being absolutely lambasted by the media and the fans.