Suarez vs Benzema

Suarez or Benzema?

• Total voters

Temptation

Suarez literally got golden boot during prime Ronaldo Messi ers lol.

Lewa had to wait for them to fall off

Irrelevant. Were Messi and Ronaldo defenders?? Did Suarez have to play against them? Messi was his own teammate feeding him ffs.

Suarez had 40 in 38 that season.

Lewandowski's golden boot season he had 41 in 28 games.

So he'd have won the golden boot in 15/16 too with that tally.

The Messi Ronaldo point is irrelevant here.

Last edited:

Temptation

Don't forget Suarez was a one man army with Liverpool

And Bayern were the definition of a one man army under Kovac. Lewandowski actually won them stuff during that period.

Suarez didn't win us anything. Didn't even show up against the big teams in the league. Statpadding against Norwich doesn't win you leagues. Oh and Prime Sturridge was a beast for us.

Last edited:

Messigician

And Bayern were the definition of a one man army under Kovac. Lewandowski actually won them stuff during that period.

Suarez didn't win us anything. Didn't even show up against the big teams in the league. Statpadding against Norwich doesn't win you leagues. Oh and Prime Sturridge was a beast for us.

Npt his fault Gerrard slipped m8

Fati_Future_BallonDor

we never saw lewa in PL so that comparison is difficult, i agree suarez shoudl have scored against top4 in 13-14 but he proved he is able to score against big teams when he played for barca and don't forget we are only comparing peak of both

Temptation

we never saw lewa in PL so that comparison is difficult, i agree suarez shoudl have scored against top4 in 13-14 but he proved he is able to score against big teams when he played for barca and don't forget we are only comparing peak of both

Lewy has proved himself way more in the CL though. Another damning stat is that Lewy has more goals than Suarez against PL top 6 despite not playing there.

Would love to see Lewandowski play in another league. Maybe even La Liga.

KingLeo10

:lol: There's no way Temptation is an actual Pool fan the way he deliberately distorts time frames to make Lewandowski's absolute peak appear better than Suarez's (one of the best Pool players of the last 30 years).

Suarez in 15/16 season scored 58 goals, and in a league where Barca were reigning CL champions, and RM and AM were battling for CL that season. While Sevilla was ruling Europa. Not to mention the 20 or so assists he had that season.

But of course he knows this, so it was all shifted to "calendar year" basis. Even if we do calendar years, Suarez's ~50 goals, 20+ assists in 2015 calendar year PLUS a treble (beating RM, AM, City, PSG, Bayern, Juve on the way) is far more impressive than anything Lewa has accomplished in a single season.

Suarez also has the 3rd or 4th most assists in the 2010s after Messi and Di Maria I believe.

Longevity obviously goes to Lewa but it's still close between him and Suarez career wise. I'm fine with Lewa being superior to Suarez career wise but this "he's clear" is nonsense.

Lewa never has and never will belong in the Messi and CR7 class, no matter how much you big up those Bundesliga records.

Messigician

:lol: There's no way Temptation is an actual Pool fan the way he deliberately distorts time frames to make Lewandowski's absolute peak appear better than Suarez's (one of the best Pool players of the last 30 years).

Suarez in 15/16 season scored 58 goals, and in a league where Barca were reigning CL champions, and RM and AM were battling for CL that season. While Sevilla was ruling Europa. Not to mention the 20 or so assists he had that season.

But of course he knows this, so it was all shifted to "calendar year" basis. Even if we do calendar years, Suarez's ~50 goals, 20+ assists in 2015 calendar year PLUS a treble (beating RM, AM, City, PSG, Bayern, Juve on the way) is far more impressive than anything Lewa has accomplished in a single season.

Suarez also has the 3rd or 4th most assists in the 2010s after Messi and Di Maria I believe.

Longevity obviously goes to Lewa but it's still close between him and Suarez career wise. I'm fine with Lewa being superior to Suarez career wise but this "he's clear" is nonsense.

Lewa never has and never will belong in the Messi and CR7 class, no matter how much you big up those Bundesliga records.

Yeah has to be an alt

Every Liverpool fan loves Suarez

Temptation

A "Barca fan"- my dear friend KL rates Benzema(a player of arch rival Real Madrid) higher than Suarez- No problem.

A Liverpool fan rates Lewandowski(has nothing to do with the club or league) higher than Suarez- Alt/Fake fan.

The lack of self awareness in some people is hilarious at times. Make it make sense.

KingLeo10

A "Barca fan"- my dear friend KL rates Benzema(a player of arch rival Real Madrid) higher than Suarez- No problem.

A Liverpool fan rates Lewandowski(has nothing to do with the club or league) higher than Suarez- Alt/Fake fan.

The lack of self awareness in some people is hilarious at times. Make it make sense.

You have Lewa "clear of" Suarez and Benzema. And you're pushing this as a universal, accepted narrative outside of this forum when it's only you with this opinion.

I posted arguments in favor of both Suarez and Benzema, but said Benzema slightly edges it for me.

There's a vast difference in how we presented our opinions. And yes, you lack reading comprehension skills.

Home of Barca Fans