Unknown Players Barcelona should sign

Sooke

Where are you living? We didn't get Mazraoui and he actually already completed part of his medical with Bayern just a few days ago. And FDJ isn't going anywhere. Not even in a swap deal, not only because I believe Xavi is not contemplating selling De Jong, but also from City, simply because don't think Pep is ready to let go of Bernardo Silva, especially now after all the work he's done in the last year or so to finally make him a truly world class CM and hardly replaceable, at least in the biggest matches (he played RW and even CF for City in the past a lot as well, and also played sporadically because of it, cause one, he wasn't truly world class there, just good with flashes of world class, and two, they have the most depth in the forward positions, so Pep rotates there the most).

And as KDB is slowly, but surely winding down, since he's 30 now, I believe that Bernardo is considered by Pep to be that next perfect '8' to replace KDB, once he leaves. Frenkie can't and never will be that, so it makes no sense for Pep to be doing that swap, especially since KDB and Silva can co-exist for now, and are also very good even when playing together, and be that much better for it, until KDB goes. After that, Bernardo is gonna take on that advance midfield role and make it his own, and someone else will come in and play the #6 more stationary CM role then. Actually for that, Frenkie would then be the perfect fit, but City doesn't have anyone to bargain with, not to mention they don't need Frenkie yet anyway, as long as KDB is at a high level, so Bernardo plays that #6 role for now. Maybe they'll come in with a big money offer in a few years after KDB goes, if FDJ doesn't work out for us completely and if Pep still wants him by then.

And since you made such a big point about staying ultra realistic about our budget troubles, you really think we're gonna go and sign Sosa, a foreigner from a relegation threatened Bundesliga club for 25M? I don't think so. If we're signing anyone for that price, it's Grimaldo (Spanish, Catalan, La Masia tax, which seems to sadly be a real thing with Xavi), and even there I imagine we'll try to include Trincao in a swap deal to get the price down, especially since Benfica is apparently interested in him. The only other realistic option for LB I see is, if Alemany can get his way and cook something up (and if he doesn't extend before the summer) and if Valencia will be desperate enough to sell, then we'll get Gaya for 15-20M.

And I do think it's either gonna be Gaya (Alemany's choice) or Grimaldo (Xavi's choice). They are the only realistic options we can expect us to sign, and pay no more than 15-20M of actual money for either of them. Anything more, we'll try and reduce that price with swap deals. As I already mentioned, Trincao for Grimaldo, as for Gaya, I'm thinking Mingueza could be the one, since Valencia have showed some interest in him in January. If not him, then maybe even Riqui Puig, if he'll accept to go.

I will start my post in reverse order.

Both, Alex Grimaldo and Jose Gaya are obviously better choices for LB. I have been writing about them in my posts. Both contracts expire next year and while Alex current market value is 20 mil. the Alemany choice is 40 mil. But you have to accept that Jordi is and will be the starter at LB even though he is aging. And for that reason, no one from your mentioned names will accept to be his sub. If you ask me, I will choose Gaya as a starter, but Xavi won't place Alba on the bench. Borna Sosa will accept it.

City just agreed to pay 70 mil. transfer fee for Haaland and he is 99% their player. They will need to sell to create roster and salary room. KDB is still the best play-maker in Europe and I don't see him slowing down. B.Silva is the same exactly type of player. He likes to create chances for their front-line, as well as to finish them from time to time. Pep is big fan of FDJ and he can use him as a DM, where they need some help. That said, I am not 100% sure if a swap deal can be made, but it's not impossible also. It will benefit both teams.

I didn't know about Mazraoui taking medical test with Bayern. If that is true, we can deploy Araujo as a RB and D.Alves as his sub. We have secured already Christensen and Azpilicueta ( who can also play as RB) as a CB's. It may even work better than Mazraoui.

Catta

Bremer and Singo from Torino. Sangare from PSV.

Players who play in smaller clubs, and look like they could step up a level in a bigger team. That are the types of transfers Barca should do, try to find the right players before they blow up in a bigger team.

El Gato

Villarato!
City just agreed to pay 70 mil. transfer fee for Haaland and he is 99% their player. They will need to sell to create roster and salary room.

They're getting rid of top10 striker to make room for top11 so they got that covered

Sooke

They're getting rid of top10 striker to make room for top11 so they got that covered

I don't understand what are you talking about. Who is that "their top10 striker" ?. Haaland is their player already. They already have the 2 best play-makers in the World and now added the best striker. I don't see who can stop City next seasons.

Sooke

The president of the Spanish Royal Football Federation (Tebas) has said that Barcelona cannot afford to sign Lewandowsky. I have wrote it many many times before. If we manage to sell or trade like 7-8 players, we will have enough salary room to sign not only Lewandowsky, but Koulibaly, Azpilicueta, Raphinha and some other. First you always sell, then you buy, when you have money for that. Barcelona is not owned by Qatari princes like City and PSG. We have to create ways to get the players we want.

El Gato

Villarato!
My apologies, dont have much time to answer at the moment and it's a long story

I don't understand what are you talking about. Who is that "their top10 striker" ?
[MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION] [MENTION=674]utility73[/MENTION] [MENTION=22463]Joan[/MENTION] [MENTION=19457]KingLeo10[/MENTION]

Anyone want to do the honours?

malvolio

Bremer and Singo from Torino. Sangare from PSV.

Players who play in smaller clubs, and look like they could step up a level in a bigger team. That are the types of transfers Barca should do, try to find the right players before they blow up in a bigger team.

That Sangare lad looked better in every game I've seen him alongside our slow ass Kessie. This is the guy people tought Kessie would be - strong, fast, decent technique.

Heard Chelsea is interested in him.

Home of Barca Fans