Unknown Players Barcelona should sign

donwynne

What relatively unknown players would you sign for Barcelona that would help improve the team?

Some of my suggestions:
Omar Abdulrahman
Sebastien Haller
Bjorn Engels
Orkun Kokçu
Sandro Tonali

Last edited:

Temptation

Ibrahim Sangare(DM)
Noah Lang(LW)
Tariq Lamptey(RB)
Angelino(LB)
Marc Guehi(CB)
Jeremy Doku(RW/LW)

Can give more names.

KingLeo10

It's better to lose with average youth products/Barcelona B players than to splash 20-30M each on bum signings.

JamDav1982

Lamptey can barely stay fit but is a very good player.

Chelsea have best youth system in world by a long way.

serghei

Lukaku is a mental midget. Don't need those kind. Even old Auba >> him.

I would easily take Lewa on 40 M. Problem is his 30M a season wage demands.

:lol: For what? By the time we can reasonably expect to go deep in CL Lewa is retired.

You get Lewa when you have everything else clicking, not when you need 5-6 starters.

JamDav1982

Bad move for Lewandowski to got to Barca.

Be better off moving somewhere with more chances to win or just stay at Bayern.

Paying 40m for a 34 year old is crazy and adding another older player to team full of them.

Messi983

Evan N'Dicka (not exactly unknown anymore but probably still fits criteria more than Tonali or Haller)
Lutsharel Geertruida
Wilfried Gnonto

Temptation

None of these names is at Barcelona's level. Try with another ones.

Being delusional won't change it. The transfer budget will decide that. Currently Barca is looking at cheap free agents and low cost deals.

If there wasn't a money problem we wouldn't even have this thread smh.

Sooke

Mate, I am not trying to create a meaningless argument here. We all know the financial situation of the club. The transfer budget always decides the club politic, but there are ways to create it. Just want to mention about the 1.5 billion loan from Los Angeles based American Bank that Laporta secured last year. Also, we have 8 players who wont be around next season - Umtiti, Lenglet, Dest, F. de Jong, Luuk de Jong, Braithwaite, A.Traore and R.Puig. From all of them we can create around 117 millions. Now, three of the names that we have most likely secured ( Mazraoui, Christensen and F.Kessie are free agents and we won't pay a penny to get them. There is very big possibility for swap deal with City , FDJ for B.Silva. That will make it four. Azpilicueta has just agreed on two years deal worth about 11 mil. pounds a season. We will need to buy a back-up for J.Alba and one quality striker. Javi Galan from Celta at 9 mil. is the cheapest option at LB. But Barcelona is currently in talks with the Croatian international Borna Sosa ( Stuttgart ), who will cost us 25 mil. At the striker position I have offered Darwin Nunez from Benfica, whom current market value is estimated at 40 mil euro ( $ 44 mil.) So, as you can see, even if we pay for these 3 players - Azpilicueta (10 mil max.) B.Sosa (25 mil.) and Darwin Nunez (40 mil) we will have left with positive balance of around 42 million. I believe, the financial experts in the board are already working on creating enough transfer budget, so we can sign some better quality players after June 30/22. The players you have offered may be good for Espanol or Salamanca but not for Barcelona.

gregorrin10

Mate, I am not trying to create a meaningless argument here. We all know the financial situation of the club. The transfer budget always decides the club politic, but there are ways to create it. Just want to mention about the 1.5 billion loan from Los Angeles based American Bank that Laporta secured last year. Also, we have 8 players who wont be around next season - Umtiti, Lenglet, Dest, F. de Jong, Luuk de Jong, Braithwaite, A.Traore and R.Puig. From all of them we can create around 117 millions. Now, three of the names that we have most likely secured ( Mazraoui, Christensen and F.Kessie are free agents and we won't pay a penny to get them. There is very big possibility for swap deal with City , FDJ for B.Silva. That will make it four. Azpilicueta has just agreed on two years deal worth about 11 mil. pounds a season. We will need to buy a back-up for J.Alba and one quality striker. Javi Galan from Celta at 9 mil. is the cheapest option at LB. But Barcelona is currently in talks with the Croatian international Borna Sosa ( Stuttgart ), who will cost us 25 mil. At the striker position I have offered Darwin Nunez from Benfica, whom current market value is estimated at 40 mil euro ( $ 44 mil.) So, as you can see, even if we pay for these 3 players - Azpilicueta (10 mil max.) B.Sosa (25 mil.) and Darwin Nunez (40 mil) we will have left with positive balance of around 42 million. I believe, the financial experts in the board are already working on creating enough transfer budget, so we can sign some better quality players after June 30/22. The players you have offered may be good for Espanol or Salamanca but not for Barcelona.

Where are you living? We didn't get Mazraoui and he actually already completed part of his medical with Bayern just a few days ago. And FDJ isn't going anywhere. Not even in a swap deal, not only because I believe Xavi is not contemplating selling De Jong, but also from City, simply because don't think Pep is ready to let go of Bernardo Silva, especially now after all the work he's done in the last year or so to finally make him a truly world class CM and hardly replaceable, at least in the biggest matches (he played RW and even CF for City in the past a lot as well, and also played sporadically because of it, cause one, he wasn't truly world class there, just good with flashes of world class, and two, they have the most depth in the forward positions, so Pep rotates there the most).

And as KDB is slowly, but surely winding down, since he's 30 now, I believe that Bernardo is considered by Pep to be that next perfect '8' to replace KDB, once he leaves. Frenkie can't and never will be that, so it makes no sense for Pep to be doing that swap, especially since KDB and Silva can co-exist for now, and are also very good even when playing together, and be that much better for it, until KDB goes. After that, Bernardo is gonna take on that advance midfield role and make it his own, and someone else will come in and play the #6 more stationary CM role then. Actually for that, Frenkie would then be the perfect fit, but City doesn't have anyone to bargain with, not to mention they don't need Frenkie yet anyway, as long as KDB is at a high level, so Bernardo plays that #6 role for now. Maybe they'll come in with a big money offer in a few years after KDB goes, if FDJ doesn't work out for us completely and if Pep still wants him by then.

And since you made such a big point about staying ultra realistic about our budget troubles, you really think we're gonna go and sign Sosa, a foreigner from a relegation threatened Bundesliga club for 25M? I don't think so. If we're signing anyone for that price, it's Grimaldo (Spanish, Catalan, La Masia tax, which seems to sadly be a real thing with Xavi), and even there I imagine we'll try to include Trincao in a swap deal to get the price down, especially since Benfica is apparently interested in him. The only other realistic option for LB I see is, if Alemany can get his way and cook something up (and if he doesn't extend before the summer) and if Valencia will be desperate enough to sell, then we'll get Gaya for 15-20M.

And I do think it's either gonna be Gaya (Alemany's choice) or Grimaldo (Xavi's choice). They are the only realistic options we can expect us to sign, and pay no more than 15-20M of actual money for either of them. Anything more, we'll try and reduce that price with swap deals. As I already mentioned, Trincao for Grimaldo, as for Gaya, I'm thinking Mingueza could be the one, since Valencia have showed some interest in him in January. If not him, then maybe even Riqui Puig, if he'll accept to go.

Home of Barca Fans