EL Round 16: Galatasaray - Barcelona 1-2 agg.

Andresito

Staff member
Sport and MD both predicting the exact same lineup. Xavi himself said there will be rotations on all lines.

FNeO1U0WYAMz4B9

I'd be very content with that XI.

serghei

Wow, would be awesome if that is the line-up. Some said Busi would play non-stop, but when is the last time Busi was rotated in a must-win game?

Aubas been on fire. Can't bench him. Sadly he can't play every game.

Last game he looked tired and sluggish. And Memphis played well from the bench in both times.

All 3 starting in that line-up above were on the bench vs Elche. We played Dembele - Auba - Gavi.

Andresito

Staff member
Araujo played 4x90 minutes in a row after returning from his calf injury, including games against Valencia, Athletic and Napoli. Won't surprise me if we see an all Catalan CB pairing with Pique (who was suspended vs Valencia) and Eric.

Birdy

Sport and MD both predicting the exact same lineup. Xavi himself said there will be rotations on all lines.

FNeO1U0WYAMz4B9

I'd be very content with that XI.

Me too.
I would only add Gavi there instead of Pedri.
Rest our golden boy a bit please...

gregorrin10

Xavi is never resting busquets, would love to see it though, this game the most likely that will happen.

He already did it though. And even against Napoli, a much better opposition. In the first leg, like today. So we might see it after all. Even though we need to take it 100% seriously and get a big 3 or even 4 goal win to really kill their hope, so we can play the likes of Puig and Eric in the return leg just 3 days before the Clasico. Even though some people consider us weaker, I think not playing Busquets and Pique would actually give us a higher chance of killing the tie tonight, since we'd be playing with a much higher tempo to really tire them out sooner and then punish them.

Me too.
I would only add Gavi there instead of Pedri.
Rest our golden boy a bit please...

Gavi is suspended for tonight. Might as well give Puig a go then. Although I think resting Busquets from the start is enough, we really shouldn't be rotating two of the three midfielders, might disrupt us too much. We need to take this seriously, get a big lead/win and kill the tie tonight. Xavi can take Pedri off later in the game and give some minutes to Puig then, when we hopefully already have at least a 2 or 3 goal advantage.

Birdy

Gavi is suspended for tonight. Might as well give Puig a go then. Although I think resting Busquets from the start is enough, we really shouldn't be rotating two of the three midfielders, might disrupt us too much. We need to take this seriously, get a big lead/win and kill the tie tonight. Xavi can take Pedri off later in the game and give some minutes to Puig then.

Missed that.
Thanks.

It makes sense then to play Pedri, and only sub him if we have a comfortable lead

ajnotkeith

We should not give Puig a go unless we are trying to lose the tie.

This is still a QF match in a very hostile environment. Only professional players should play.

Home of Barca Fans