Pablo Torre (loaned to Girona)

Porque

Discount Pedri for me, and we don't really need one. Too young to actually judge but this seems to be his inclination.

Yeah. I think he looked well off the pace and lacking in confidence. With an excellent taken finish.

If he can get some solid minutes in a LaLiga team with decent attacking it can do him good.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
To be fair to him he has barely played so far this season because Xavi overruled Alemany who wanted to loan him out. Then Xavi neither uses him nor allows him to play much for Barca B.

It's just pointless to keep him around like that. Even if he might never be Barca-material not loaning him out to play competitive games every week isn't giving him a fair chance.

Co0ter

He is a talented player. He's spent most of the season on the bench so he's not even been able to have game time with Barca B, and when he actually plays, and in CL of all games, people are more critical of him than Busquets who has been shit for years 😂

Good stuff.

Andresito

Staff member
Denis could actually beat his man from time to time. Then he used to go on and try to beat another but lost the ball. He also could hit those sweet through balls occasionally (more often so when he left us and played regularly).

Torre I feel is more of a kicker and a stiffer player compared to Denise. Better crossing, set pieces and the good finish we witnessed against Viktoria.

Different types but potential could be more or less the same yes.

serghei

Denis could actually beat his man from time to time. Then he used to go on and try to beat another but lost the ball. He also could hit those sweet through balls occasionally (more often so when he left us and played regularly).

Torre I feel is more of a kicker and a stiffer player compared to Denise. Better crossing, set pieces and the good finish we witnessed against Viktoria.

Different types but potential could be more or less the same yes.

Good mini-analysis.

ajnotkeith

I was critical of him previously but I believe in meritocracy and he deserves to play more minutes considering how poor some of the other midfielders can be.

Additionally, he looks like he knows how to strike a ball and hit a good set piece unlike all of our other players.

Maybe physically he might be off the level for now but nothing that can't be improved and can come off the bench sometimes.

Co0ter

There is no reason why he shouldn't be starting over Gavi and given a string of games after the poor run of form Gavi has been in. Even Pedri has been underwhelming and he should take some minutes from him. Xavi's shit tactics or not, give the kid a few games with our starters instead of playing him only with our scrubs and expecting him to play well.

Pedri, Torres and De Jong could be fun to watch.

JamDav1982

Has something about him and probably cleanest striker of a ball in whole squad.

Not even just midfield he could be given some minutes at AML where Gavi and Pedri have played before.

Trouble is Barca are rarely clear in games and when they are Xavi will look to give any of Busi/FDJ/Gavi/Kessie minutes if on bench long before turns to Torre.

At this stage he could be given chance on left before Depay/Torres and Fati if game won as those three are not earning minutes at this point and minutes should be earned not given time and again regardless of how play.

Last edited:

Porque

With Alba and Balde bombing down the left for width then the left should be an option.

Won't happen but switch Frenkie to the left of the midfield trio and you got Torre in between a midfield and fullback runner. From there he can whip in crosses onto Lemonchowders noggin.

ajnotkeith

Is he that bad that he can't even get a few minutes when we have Kessie and Roberto starting in midfield? Not even a few against teams like Cadiz?

I'm really starting to wonder what is the case here because by all accounts Xavi is the one who spoke to him and convinced him to join, yet seems to be so terrified of putting him on the pitch he won't even do it at 2-0 against Cadiz let alone United. I really wonder how he must be performing in training.

Why make investments in young players and keep them in first team if you think they're that bad? Bizarre and could've sent him back to Racing to rack up some stats and gain value at least.

Home of Barca Fans