La Liga | Round 27: Elche - FC Barcelona 1-2

gregorrin10

Top 4 is basically done. XAVI became too good too soon which kind of made the league matches boring.

Cant wait for Europa

Yep. Only Betis and Atletico remain as the real threats, and we just need to beat one of them, and I expect Betis to drop off league form at some point with them also playing Europa AND the Copa del Rey final, which will be huge for them. Playing 3 competitions with a much less deeper squad than ours. While Villarreal and Sociedad both pretty much capitulated top 4 with a loss this weekend. We're basically 7-9 points ahead of them already, considering our two games in hand are against Elche and Rayo. Even Sevilla isn't safe from us, we might even finish 2nd in the end.

Just need to not slip up in these small games. This month feels like a trap after that tough, but very successful February. But with the team getting better and better I expect us to get through it without much trouble. 7 or even 9 points from the three La Liga games (don't think we're losing the Clasico), and knocking out Gala, which is the only goal there, even if we lose one of the two games (which we won't, at best they'll get a draw at home in the 2nd leg, and even that only if we get a nice 2 or even 3 goal cushion in the 1st leg and go there a bit more relaxed and with out minds elsewhere, especially with the Clasico coming up just 3 days after).

Bobo32

Dislike Porques post.
I like the eleven though, I'd go for Traore instead of Dembele and maybe someone else than Aubameyang as well, but they both played pretty well lately to be fair, so.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Dislike Porques post.
I like the eleven though, I'd go for Traore instead of Dembele and maybe someone else than Aubameyang as well, but they both played pretty well lately to be fair, so.

Riqui's Barcelona career is finished mate. You might have to root for him while he plays for Empoli in Serie A next season or something, or maybe Mallorca :shrug:

Gari

FNK_iS6WYAEiBgb

FNLEo0BWQAADd2e

Bobo32

Riqui's Barcelona career is finished mate. You might have to root for him while he plays for Empoli in Serie A next season or something, or maybe Mallorca :shrug:

What a boring post, "mate"!
Maybe Barcelona can continue their good form and finish this game off decently early, so that Xavi feels he can give Puig some minutes in the end.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Maybe Barcelona can continue their good form and finish this game off decently early, so that Xavi feels he can give Puig some minutes in the end.

He might give him some scraps so they have something to show for when they shop him to other clubs in a few months ;)

JamDav1982

You are correct on Xavi only being willing to use Puig to rest legs when no risk he can fuck up the game for Barca.

About only scenario Xavi will play him and his limited ability.

Porque

I think there is higher odds that Carevic comes on in midfield unforunately.

Bobo32

I think there is higher odds that Carevic comes on in midfield unforunately.
I agree!
Was wondering who Carevic was... At least some well needed physique on the midfield then :)
No I think after Puigs surprising minutes the other game, and Xavis comments yesterday, there is a chance for more minutes in a game like this

JamDav1982

What would Xavi say when asked directly about Puig?

Nah he is shite and will be sold in summer? Serves no purpose to do that at all. Like Pep he will gush with words when asked on just about any player.

Home of Barca Fans