La Liga | Round 26: FC Barcelona - Athletic Bilbao 4-0

Birdy

Good news:
[MENTION=21238]barca[/MENTION]_Buzz��| The Williams brothers, I?aki and Nico, could start on the bench tonight. Marcelino could reserve them for the Copa del Rey semi-final 2nd leg vs Valencia on Wednesday.

• Muniain's participation is also uncertain, while Berenguer is suspended.

Birdy

What's it with you and 3ATB?

All our last games since the 4-2 against Atletico, started with nominally 4 at the back, which during buildup almost always became 3 at the back.
Would be no different to start with 3 atb, some modifications in the defensive phase only needed, with Adama tucking as RB if required

mc_lovin

All our last games since the 4-2 against Atletico, started with nominally 4 at the back, which during buildup almost always became 3 at the back.
Would be no different to start with 3 atb, some modifications in the defensive phase only needed, with Adama tucking as RB if required

There's a difference whether someone from midfield falls back or starting 3 actual CB's. It's far from the same. The latter is more rigid (CB's are less mobile usually), it's harder to transition to 4 banks of four in the defensive phase with the odd man out and the role of the wingbacks is ill-defined. It causes all kinds of positional chaos.

You proposed 351 looks rough offensively as well :p

Birdy

There's a difference whether someone from midfield falls back or starting 3 actual CB's. It's far from the same. The latter is more rigid (CB's are less mobile usually), it's harder to transition to 4 banks of four in the defensive phase with the odd man out and the role of the wingbacks is ill-defined. It causes all kinds of positional chaos.

You proposed 351 looks rough offensively as well :p

I think it works well against 2 attackers and we have seen it earlier under Xavi in games vs Osasuna, Elche, Benfica
We might see it soon

Even if we start with 4-3-3 tonight, I expect at least Ferran to stay on the bench and Adama Dembele to play on the flanks

Devils

FMn9PRfacAAkzFt

Home of Barca Fans