Ramon Planes Reveals Bartomeu's Plans: Bombshells!

Messigician

Some stunning revelations

Ram?n Planes: "Lautaro? He was very close to signing for Barcelona. The negotiations took place before the pandemic. We had many meetings with his agents and with Inter. It was about to happen and then the pandemic happened.

Javier Tebas: ?Reverter kidnapped Barcelona's philosophy. He was a man who was constantly in contact with Florentino and the reason Messi is no longer with us"

? @abc

Ram?n Planes: "Locatelli? He is a Barcelona-style player. We were extremely close to getting him but Juventus are strong, they have a certain appeal for Italian players and in the end he decided to go to Juve."

? @DiMarzio

Ram?n Planes: We were interested in Vlahovic, signing him, two years ago, but it wasn?t possible."

? @DiMarzio

Ram?n Planes (former technical secretary): "Messi's departure? I did not expect him to leave immediately, I thought he would leave in two years. For Barcelona it's difficult in this new era, but it's easier with this new generation of talents."

? @DiMarzio

khaled_a_d

Questions were mainly concerned about Italian market/perspective.
Other than the typical "we followed/we had interest" answers the only real information is that we really wanted to sign Lautaro which confirms how insane we were.
If Planas was ok with that, I might change my feelings toward his departure.

FinBarcelonafan

Other than the typical "we followed/we had interest" answers the only real information is that we really wanted to sign Lautaro which confirms how insane we were.

Lautaro was kind of known no? All the tabloids talked about it. No surprise there.

Would have been another wasted 120mil btw.

Messigician

nothing wrong with wanting to sign lautaro and neymar we had the money for it pre covid. But would have been trouble if we signed them and then covid hit

Messigician

Barcelona had a deal almost finalised to bring Neymar back to the club in the summer of 2018 but it collapsed in the last minute.

? @FabrizioRomano

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not sure I buy the pandemic part with regards to Lautaro considering Lautaro alluded to rejecting our offer after learning Messi wanted to leave :lol:

Anyway dodged a bullet there.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Lautaro cannot play as a lone striker. We should never sign him unless we switch to a system with two strikers. Doesn't matter if he cost 40m or 100m IMO.

Home of Barca Fans