La Liga | Round 25: Valencia C.F. - FC Barcelona 1-4

FinBarcelonafan

Some of you guys... Frenkie and Gavi are the pieces that hold the midfield running intense and breathing down the opposition's neck. Our two best midfielders and as soon as Xavi realizes that the intensity is gone without these two on, the better.

Let me put it this way. If you could give a blank check to Liverpool or City now for 2 Barca players, they would put down the names of Frenkie and Gavi.

I assume Xavis plan is to sub those two guys around 60-70 min and save some legs for Napoli. Let's see.

Pedri would be on that list too. Probably over DeJong.

serghei

Also, I don't understand the merit of Aubameyang for starting over Luuk. Xavi fecked it up. Aubameyang looks funished.

Bobo32

Embarrassing to play Dembele. Good to give Pedri a bit of rest I think. The eleven is decent and I look forward to this game against a tough opponent!

jamrock

Some of you guys... Frenkie and Gavi are the pieces that hold the midfield running intense and breathing down the opposition's neck. Our two best midfielders and as soon as Xavi realizes that the intensity is gone without these two on, the better.

Let me put it this way. If you could give a blank check to Liverpool or City now for 2 Barca players, they would put down the names of Frenkie and Gavi.

They would put down the name Fati with all his injuries over Frankie, especially city, but I get your point though

jamrock

Decent enough XI, he won't drop his man Torres especially against his old team & Adama can't play off the right.

serghei

I don't get the logic of dropping Torres. He's the big signing we need to build for the future, would be counterproductive not to play him into form now.

It's not as if we have equally top players on the bench like City have. It's him, or a bunch of free loanees that will be gone in months. Ferran is the one we need to build for the future and develop as soon as possible.

jamrock

Maybe it's because I don't see Torres as that special of a player, for us to be trying so hard with, he's good but nothing special.

But I hope I'm wrong.

Bobo32

Maybe it's because I don't see Torres as that special of a player, for us to be trying so hard with, he's good but nothing special.

But I hope I'm wrong.

Isn't "good" good enough? Barcelona have played with Griezmann, Abde, Jutgla and now plays with Dembele, and they have destroyed the entire game plan by being terrible.

jamrock

Isn't "good" good enough? Barcelona have played with Griezmann, Abde, Jutgla and now plays with Dembele, and they have destroyed the entire game plan by being terrible.

Because we have played with shit, doesn't automatically means he is good enough if we went to get back to the verh top.

In a perfect world where say we get haaland & fati stays fit, he doesn't have a play in the front 3, because he isn't better than any of those two off the left or as a striker.

If we played off the right I would have more hopes for him long term.

Should have really gotten diaz

fergus90

I like the line-up. Think it is a good idea to keep Torres in as well. He did get himself in a lot of scoring positions and good to show faith in him after a disappointing evening for him.

ajnotkeith

It's disrespectful to put Griezmann and Dembele and then Jutgla and Abde in the same sentence. No,they are not the same level.

Home of Barca Fans