Best current 11 if everyone were healthy

Iniesta Ultra

My choice:

Fati, Auba, Dembele
Pedri, Busquets, Puig
Alba, Araujo, Pique, Alves
Stegen

Fluidity btwn Fati and Auba can interchange in match when needed. Our five most creative mids and full backs. Defense will struggle on counters but minimize with better and more productive possession.

I know people want another GK but I think we should allow MATS to have had his De Gea moments, as long as they don't come back in longer durations.

Updated lineup after 1st leg Napoli.

2nd update further reflection: hate Dembele as a person but will link better than Adama, ugh

Last edited:

Bobo32

I like parts of this team, but I really like what is done at the moment with Gavi as a LW, making Alba more free, I think the combinations and the balance is OK. I still think both Pedri and Frenkie are talented enough to feature, but I also think the squad is good enough that we can look at it more as 15-16 players rotating based partly on opposition and game plan. Alves and Busquets are probably the only two who are pretty much irreplaceable, but even them should be rested sometimes. Here is my attempt at an eleven featuring most of my favourite players, maybe a bit unbalanced. Traore is nowhere near a favourite, but he handles that role very well so far.

Stegen
Alves-Garcia-Frenkie-Alba
Busquets
Pedri-Puig
Traore-Fati-Gavi

Araujo, Pique, Nico, Roberto, Torres and maybe a couple more should be getting a lot of playing time too. Luuk is on good form, Aubameyang still has a lot to prove.

Bobo32

Very surprised and that Araujo wouldn't start for you.

I believe in him! Yeah there might be a place for Araujo in the 'optimal' eleven, but I have trust in Garcia and hope he will prove me right! Not a great season for him so far, but I think there are explanations and even excuses for him.

Raketa10

Depay, Fati (Auba), Torres (Traore)
Gavi, FDJ, Pedri
Alba, Araujo, Pique, Alves
Stegen

In the front line I would rotate those 5 depending who we play against. If we play against parked bus than I would opt for Torres and Depay and if we need speed than Auba and Traore. One thing is certain Busquets wouldn't be my pick for starting 11 anymore.

mc_lovin

I know it's unpopular as fuck here, but Busquets could very well still be our best choice at DM :S

Which says a lot about our alternatives.

Porque

I know it's unpopular as fuck here, but Busquets could very well still be our best choice at DM :S

Which says a lot about our alternatives.

Busi is fine if what surrounds him has movement, workrate and pace for 90 minutes. It's the similar conversation we all have been having for years where our core line down the was Pique-Busquets-Mess-Suarez but as age caught up with each one, the work load of the rest of the 11 was too much to balance it. Gradually it has wittled down to just Busquets and we still have the issues.

I will forgive Pique right now as he is in strong form, but if we have

????----Pique---Araujo---Alba
-----------Busi---------------
-----Gavi------FdJ-----------
-Adama------------?????-----
---------Ferran-----------

all pressing then Busquets is free to quarterback.

Pedri is great but we struggle with a slow game when he is with Busquets, unless the midfield is overloaded with false midfielders (Alves moving in, Gavi at AML or AMR coming in).

So yeah, Busquets can still go until 34 or 35 if we build around him. But do we want to do that? Isn't that what mid level clubs do with guys like Chris Waddle, Matt Le Tissier and Paul Merson back in the day :lol:

What we need to do is still try to play our game, be true to our style as that is the selling point of FCB, but modernise it to compete with the leading pack- City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Bayern.

Easier said than done, could be a cultural thing, training thing or even conditions with us based and competing in a warmer climate.

Last edited:

jamrock

---dest----Pique-----araujo---alb

--------------de jong

------Gavi+++++-----------pedri

----Adama---------Auba-------Fati

Home of Barca Fans