Haaland OR Complete Squad Overhaul ?

• Haaland + Free agents

Votes: 27 55.1%
  • No Haaland + Full squad Revamp

Votes: 22 44.9%

• Total voters

Birdy

OK, Poll time lads...

It's a question I already asked Wolfe and Morten about in the context of RM, and I am asking again in the context of Barca, as I struggle a lot with it, and probably I am the minority here:

We all know Laporta will go all in for Haaland in the summer, and would cave it to all demands by player, agent, father, etc *IF he gets the salary margin from LaLiga
We also know that if Haaland operation succeeds, and the player doesn't chose RM or EPL, that there will be little or no money to buy quality in other positions

Then, the question is would you take that or prefer to spend the 'Haaland money' to revamp the Barca squad in crucial departments it suffers?

And to make it more specific:
Let's say in the summer of 2022 the exits are Dembele, Umtiti, Lenglet, Luuk, Braithwate, possibly Dest, Mingueza, and Pique retiring.
Then the incomings depend on Haaland

Option A:
Haaland, and some free agents to cover other positions:
Christensen (or below in quality) for CB
Azpli OR Mazraoui for RB
Grimaldo (or below) for LB sub,
(No replacement for Dembouz)
and that's all about it, no other incomings for the next 2-3 years apart from academy and free agents ...

Option B:
No Haaland,
Top winger (like Antony) to replace Dembouz,
Kounde or De Ligt for CB,
Lisandro Martinez as well for CB,
Mazraoui for RB AND top ball-playing RB prospect (like Calabria, Mahle, or other)
Gaya and above (like Teo Hernandez) for LB,
and possibly other top incomings the next 2-3 years depending on needs of several positions.

Which option would you take?

PS: Clarification:
Option A doesn't include 'expensive' free agents like Rudiger etc, as you can assume.
No money for other positions means no money

Last edited:

fergus90

I'd say option B in terms of the overall balance and health of the squad if those were the free agents we go for.

I'd love Haaland but I'd like us to be more ambitious with the free signings. E.g. Christensen, Kessie if that was the case.

But as your question doesn't state that, i'm saying option B.

soul24rage

I chose option A.

Think the free agents this upcoming summer can help improve the quality of our defense.

serghei

There aren't players available imo that would make sense over Haaland. It's not like we can sign players like Dias, or fullbacks like Alphonso Davies, to round up our defense.

De Ligt and Kounde are both overrated, and not just a little, based on the asking price to be.

fergus90

The price that Kounde will cost will not be worth the investment. I do like him as a player but he's never far away from a mistake or being run ragged by a forward.

The type of player you'd love for 30 mill but be very disappointed you got for 80.

serghei

The price that Kounde will cost will not be worth the investment. I do like him as a player but he's never far away from a mistake or being run ragged by a forward.

The type of player you'd love for 30 mill but be very disappointed you got for 80.

Same goes for De Lift. Maybe 50 at a push, with variables included. Price Juve paid was a joke.

JamDav1982

Haaland and some free transfers.

Would not be against selling any player to improve overall squad though. They all have price bar maybe Gavi/Nico as that is a bad look to do that to La Masia players just breaking through.

KingLeo10

Haaland and some free transfers.

Would not be against selling any player to improve overall squad though. They all have price bar maybe Gavi/Nico as that is a bad look to do that to La Masia players just breaking through.

You'd sell Pedri? Interested to know your reasons behind this.

I've turned more open to selling FDJ to finance reinforcements in GK and DF.

El Guaje

Haaland and free transfers ez.

Haaland
Azpilicueta
Mazraoui
Christensen (kinda doesnt seem as likely as Azpilicueta tho
Kessie

If Adama regularly plays like he did vs Atletico - get rid of Trincao and use buy option on Adama. If economy allows keep Trincao as well and give him a fair chance to play and prove himself.

As for Haaland, there is nobody else like him. We also have no regular goal scorers apart from Fati and a decent Aubameyang. He is a must. Him + a few free transfers and take it from there.

Home of Barca Fans