Haaland OR Complete Squad Overhaul ?

• Haaland + Free agents

Votes: 27 55.1%
  • No Haaland + Full squad Revamp

Votes: 22 44.9%

• Total voters

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The thing is, even if we didn't get Haaland, there is no guarantee we will get those players in Option B or equivalents for a full overhaul, due to either monetary, competition or availability issues so I'd go with Option A.

Either way, we need to beef up our defense big time with a couple of decent CBs, a LB and a RB.

Birdy

I see a lot of people mentioning Kessie in option A

From what is being leaked, his demands are quite high, questionable if we can meet them,
AND no indication Xavi wants him with the midfield stack

In any case, don't try to sweeten the picture of option A:
It will be with whatever CHEAP transfer is available, along the lines of the transfers we have seen the last 2 years at the club with the exception of Ferran

El Gato

Villarato!
Mate yesterday you posted same thing in RM thread
Why bother making carbon copy argument when nothing is remotely comparable

There wouldn't be any overhaul even if Haaland didnt happen
Would be 2-3 new players max and none would warrant calling it 'overhaul'

JohnN

Get Halland,
Sell oldies for peanuts.
Sell fdj for cash.
Bring whoever is willing, young and with a low price
Sell Mats and replace with a cone.

Catta

I don't think we will get Haaland, neither will we do a complete revamp.

From the mentioned names, I could see us getting Gaya, Lisandro, Azpi and Mazraoui. Then spend the rest of the window looking for a forward.

Next season team most likely will be

GK: MATS, Tenas
DF: Pique, Araujo, Lisandro, Garcia, Azpi, Mazraoui, Gaya, Alba
MF: Busi, Frenkie, Pedri, Gavi, Nico
FW: Torres, Fati, Auba, Depay, Adama

Porque

Option B would never happen and half of them would flop. Would also cost more than option A (Kounde and De Light same transfer fee as Haaland for example).

Option A also half of them would flop. So just hope and pray Haaland isn't one of them.

Conclusion: Keep Luuk de Jong.

JamDav1982

I don't think we will get Haaland, neither will we do a complete revamp.

From the mentioned names, I could see us getting Gaya, Lisandro, Azpi and Mazraoui. Then spend the rest of the window looking for a forward.

Next season team most likely will be

GK: MATS, Tenas
DF: Pique, Araujo, Lisandro, Garcia, Azpi, Mazraoui, Gaya, Alba
MF: Busi, Frenkie, Pedri, Gavi, Nico
FW: Torres, Fati, Auba, Depay, Adama

Dont think will get Haaland either but think they will go for a winger and a cheaper CF in that scenario... along lines of Antony/Firmino maybe.

They wont then go out and spend big on the defence it would be the free transfers/Gaya etc that are already linked to.

Givenchy

No Haaland + Full squad Revamp

Unless we manage to unearth the next Messi, the squad revamp should always be top priority. Liverpool have shown under Klopp, with smart scouting and the right system working as a team > individuals.

JamDav1982

No Haaland + Full squad Revamp

Unless we manage to unearth the next Messi, the squad revamp should always be top priority. Liverpool have shown under Klopp, with smart scouting and the right system working as a team > individuals.

Individuals matter and Liverpool are huge example of it.

Look what a difference Alison and VVD made and they were two world record signings.

Also just because likes of Salah was cheap doesnt mean what he brings as an individual is huge. Same with likes of TAA.

serghei

You'd sell Pedri? Interested to know your reasons behind this.

I've turned more open to selling FDJ to finance reinforcements in GK and DF.

I would sell Pedri if an offer over 100m comes in. The main problem would be that he is an extremely slow player and this will drag him down in his career imo.

Catta

I would sell Pedri if an offer over 100m comes in. The main problem would be that he is an extremely slow player and this will drag him down in his career imo.

He is not slower than Xavi, Iniesta, Modric, Silva were in their prime. Pedri should be the last player club sells, every team in the world would love to have him.

Rassvet

I don't think demand for Pedri would actually be that high. Sure there would be takers for 40m but I doubt anyone would go near 100m for him. Barca and La Liga suits him best.

Porque

He is not slower than Xavi, Iniesta, Modric, Silva were in their prime. Pedri should be the last player club sells, every team in the world would love to have him.

I was going to say is he slower than Toni Kroos, Kovacic, Bernardo Silva but you beat me to it.

Obviously he has some physical development to do too. His future could always be at DMC imo.

Home of Barca Fans