Haaland or Complete Squad Overhaul?

Haaland OR Complete Squad Overhaul ?

• Haaland + Free agents

Votes: 27 55.1%
  • No Haaland + Full squad Revamp

Votes: 22 44.9%

• Total voters

Porque

If true, Perez can't shake that Galacticos itch.

To be honest it makes absolute sense to get both Haaland and Mbappe if you can, but let's see if it can work as good in reality as it does on paper.

Let's not forget that Mbappe has been playing with Neymar for the past few years and won jacks shit. So never a guarantee.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
You sign Haaland and worry about the rest later next year if that's the price that you have to pay. Players like Haaland can transform a team.

Besides a World Class CB will cost a lot too. Most likely just as much as Haaland's transfer fee but obviously less commissions and salary.

Sign Haaland.

serghei

You sign Haaland and worry about the rest later next year if that's the price that you have to pay. Players like Haaland can transform a team.

Besides a World Class CB will cost a lot too. Most likely just as much as Haaland's transfer fee but obviously less commissions and salary.

Sign Haaland.

A world-class CB doesn't cost anything, because nobody sells him. There are arguably 3-4 world-class CBs in world football now. Van Dijk, Ruben Dias, Marquinhos. Who else? Varane's form is down the drain. Atletico used to have top defenders, now they are a joke. Maguire, the big money signing is terrible. And so on.

Maybe Rudiger but he's pretty old and asks for a ton of money.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
A world-class CB doesn't cost anything, because nobody sells him. There are arguably 3-4 world-class CBs in world football now. Van Dijk, Ruben Dias, Marquinhos. Who else? Varane's form is down the drain. Atletico used to have top defenders, now they are a joke. Maguire, the big money signing is terrible. And so on.

Maybe Rudiger but he's pretty old and asks for a ton of money.

World Class potential then. Same shit really.

You still sign Haaland. Barca's first priority should be Haaland. Second priority should still be Haaland if he has doubts. Third priority should be everything else if Haaland goes elsewhere.

Iniesta Ultra

If RM doesn't get Mbappe doubt we'll get Haaland. Ambivalent about him joining hard to say no to his dominance but question how well he integrates with team, he's definitely more suited for RM's style. Auba's a natural fit.

We just need Fati healthy then don't need Haaland.

Sooke

That is been sad already. If we somehow sign Haaland, we will not have any sources to upgrade the team. And our needs at this moment are really high. Besides Pique and Araujo, we need at least one CB, RB and LB. We need one solid defensive midfielder, preferably physical one and one play-maker to create situations upfront. If Dembele stay, he and A.Fati will play at the wings, but we will also need one quality goal=scorer. It is obvious that we can not afford Haaland, Mbappe or Levandowski. I think, the best and cheaper option for CF will be Darwin Nunez (22) from Benfica. He is an Uruguayan international and this season in 39 games has scored 33 goals with 4 assists. His contract expires in 2025 and his market value is just 40 million.

Temptation

That is been sad already. If we somehow sign Haaland, we will not have any sources to upgrade the team. And our needs at this moment are really high. Besides Pique and Araujo, we need at least one CB, RB and LB. We need one solid defensive midfielder, preferably physical one and one play-maker to create situations upfront. If Dembele stay, he and A.Fati will play at the wings, but we will also need one quality goal=scorer. It is obvious that we can not afford Haaland, Mbappe or Levandowski. I think, the best and cheaper option for CF will be Darwin Nunez (22) from Benfica. He is an Uruguayan international and this season in 39 games has scored 33 goals with 4 assists. His contract expires in 2025 and his market value is just 40 million.

Nunez and cheap? 😂😂

His starting price is 80 mil. And it's not even proven quality

FinBarcelonafan

At this point, complete overhaul of the squad is more important than Haaland. We need to add way more quality to every position.

Messi983

Complete overhaul can only begin when certain players will leave so not for another season or two at least.

BBZ8800

I haven't read all the posts.

Both options have Pros and Cons.

About overhaul of the whole squad, imo:
1. historically since 2000', only 30-ish % (or 1 out of 3) Barca's signings were a success.
I would say that lately, in the last 5 years, with the rise of EPL and Qatari funded clubs, the competition in signing players is even higher which leads to signing younger players who are usually a bigger gamble.
And thus, I would say that a success ratio of signing a player who will be a success here (or at any club) dropped from 33% to even lower, like 25%.

So, overhaul of the whole squad sounds good on paper, but out of 200 or 300m invested, we will probably buy 8 players, get 2-3 good players and 5-6 bums like Trincao, Dest, Eric, Lenglet, goalkeepers, Adama, Paco, Denis, Andre Gomes.

So, buying Haaland is a risk.
He may flop.
And even if he succeeds, the rest of the team will be questionable.

On the other hand, if we pass on Haaland, we won't get him and the chance is extremely high that majority of signings will be flops, as always.
Add to that a recent obsession of Laporta and Xavi with Catalan or Spanish players and it doesn't look too good at all.

Sooke

I think you are wrong about Darwin. According to the most reliable football source, Transfermarkt, his current value is $ 44 million. I believe we can negotiate with Benfica to reduce that amount by sending to them a player. 33 goals from 39 matches are good enough stat for me. The so called "proven" strikers I have mentioned are not into our budget.

Home of Barca Fans