Haaland or Complete Squad Overhaul?

Haaland OR Complete Squad Overhaul ?

• Haaland + Free agents

Votes: 27 55.1%
  • No Haaland + Full squad Revamp

Votes: 22 44.9%

• Total voters

serghei

I don't think demand for Pedri would actually be that high. Sure there would be takers for 40m but I doubt anyone would go near 100m for him. Barca and La Liga suits him best.

I agree, at this moment, no one would pay 100m+ for him. This is why we need to keep him and see what his ceiling is.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Cules should be wary after massive failures not so long ago. Haaland yes but not by all means.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Haaland can't fail here

He is as close to guaranteed hit as you can get.

Coutinho was player of the year in EPL, Griezđann was proven La Liga superstar and Demebele was most exciting player in Bundesliga.
There are no guarantees.

Birdy

Some here are so out-of-touch with reality that their topic of discussion is "selling Pedri" LOL :lol:
Wake up, the guy renewed months ago with 1B clause and is thought of by the club as our pillar for the future.

Same for those claiming that they would sell the vets.
They aren't leaving. Yes, we all want that, but it ain't happening

Play FM at home, stick to reality here please.
Option A and Option B are both realistic projections of what happens in the summer depending on Haaland

Option B would never happen and half of them would flop. Would also cost more than option A (Kounde and De Light same transfer fee as Haaland for example).

Option A also half of them would flop. So just hope and pray Haaland isn't one of them.

Conclusion: Keep Luuk de Jong.

The transfer fee matters much less than contract and wages given out.
The basis of the dilemma is that Haaland will be getting a huge contract, and would be sitting on 100% (and more) increase in wages from the current top earner.

BarcaOG

Banned
great question. complete, deep squad for me.

imagine investing 1b on halland just for him either to flop or be injured

no thx

weve gambled too much w big signings in the last 10 years, and lost every time

Birdy

Mate yesterday you posted same thing in RM thread
Why bother making carbon copy argument when nothing is remotely comparable

There wouldn't be any overhaul even if Haaland didnt happen
Would be 2-3 new players max and none would warrant calling it 'overhaul'

Ok, rename it from 'overhaul' to 'substantial refurbishing' of the squad in areas of need

The finances of the two clubs might not be comparable, but the 'Haaland effect' on these finances is comparable...

And interestingly enough in both cases the effect of giving Haaland a wage will be the same: minimizing the funds to pay better wages for other positions
for different reasons: for Barca because we are broke or semi-broke, for RM because they have made amends for Mbape's wage but not for Haaland's

El Gato

Villarato!
The finances of the two clubs might not be comparable, but the 'Haaland effect' on these finances is comparable...

Uh.. no?
There's nothing to suggest he and his agent would make same or even similar demands of both teams.
There's nothing to suggest Real would have any problem matching Haaland's wage and it impact the next few windows like it would with Barcelona as team is in tangibly less short-term debt + different income streams with new stadium at which they'd be unveiled

As said in RM thread, it more depends on what Haaland himself wants. And that's yet to be determined.

JamDav1982

Ok, rename it from 'overhaul' to 'substantial refurbishing' of the squad in areas of need

And interestingly enough in both cases the effect of giving Haaland a wage will be the same: minimizing the funds to pay better wages for other positions
for different reasons: for Barca because we are broke or semi-broke, for RM because they have made amends for Mbape's wage but not for Haaland's

The overall cost per season for Mbappe and Haaland for Real would probably not even come to what Barca were paying for Messi alone.

They can definitely afford it and fairly comfortably. That wouldnt be what stops it although may be the excuse made if dont get him.

FinBarcelonafan

great question. complete, deep squad for me.

imagine investing 1b on halland just for him either to flop or be injured

no thx

weve gambled too much w big signings in the last 10 years, and lost every time

We got MSN, the greatest trio ever because of gambling.

Sadly we also got Dembele, Coutinho and Griezmann. The worst trio in the history.

FinBarcelonafan

The overall cost per season for Mbappe and Haaland for Real would probably not even come to what Barca were paying for Messi alone.

They can definitely afford it and fairly comfortably. That wouldnt be what stops it although may be the excuse made if dont get him.

I know this sounds bit crazy or conspiracy theory type, but I think Perez might want Barca to sign Haaland, so the rivalry can spark again. El Clasico has been on a downtrend for few years now. We need a new rivalry between players, what better than Haaland Vs Mbappe?

Money, media interest, new era and new rivalry. Great selling points. Attracts more money, respect and makes both teams stronger, which makes for better games.

Home of Barca Fans