User Tag List

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: FA Cup 2021-22

Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should get rid of the league cup imo. Beyond easing up the fixture schedule a bit, I think it would be the best thing they could to make the FA Cup more prestigious again as just having one domestic cup to fight over would make it all the more intense.

You're welcome
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Van Dijk has to undergo tests for his knee.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassvet View Post
    They should get rid of the league cup imo. Beyond easing up the fixture schedule a bit, I think it would be the best thing they could to make the FA Cup more prestigious again as just having one domestic cup to fight over would make it all the more intense.
    Yup. I second that.

League Cup should be contested IMO by the English clubs that do not play in Europe each season.
    One cup (FA CUP) is enough for the clubs that compete on all fronts

Villarato!
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's most pointless about it is the feature that it grants Conference League qualification...

... where the last side outside top6 that won it must have been Swansea in 2013.
    Only them, Birmingham City (2011), Spurs (2008), Middlesbrough (2004) and Blackburn (2001) have qualified to Europe through it since the break of century.

I dont know how much a financial difference it makes considering when they did want to scrap/revamp it there was pushback from Premier League clubs, but really seems like a cash cow and serves no practical purpose. Just a flat out guarantee for England to have up to 7-8 sides from actual top8 of the table in Europe every season.
    Some are boring, some are not.