FA Cup 2021-22

serghei

Barca - RM was very close to happen a few times too, that would have been something, but it wasn't to be.

2015 was a great chance for a showdown, and Madrid would've lost the final.

2016 was another chance where I think we would have beaten Madrid in the final.

They beat us in 2017 for sure though.

serghei

It would for sure have been the biggest club game in football for a long time, perhaps in history.

Yea, not exactly a slam dunk for Barca either. Would've been a pretty close one, hell Juve was fairly close for 30 mins too. Same as 2016 IMO.

2011, 2015, and 2016 were probably the only years where Barca and Madrid were clearly top 4 teams in the world.

Early 00s Barca was pretty bad in Europe. Late 00s Madrid was pretty crap in Europe. Early 10s Madrid were strong (Mourinho doesn't get enough credit for the role he had in the birth of 3 CL in a row Madrid), but Barca had a one-of-a-kind generation. Mid 10s is when Barca - Madrid ruled Europe for a few years. Late 10s Barca turned into CL jokes and Madrid in turn had their best team I've seen from them.

In a way, it's normal that Barca and Madrid can't have great generations at the same time.

Last edited:

Rassvet

It wouldn't have been anywhere close to a slam dunk. With Modric back for the final, 2015 would have maybe 55-45 in Barca's favor, 2016 probably around 50-50, and then 2017 closer to 70-30 Madrid.

Jadentheman

2015 was a great chance for a showdown, and Madrid would've lost the final.

2016 was another chance where I think we would have beaten Madrid in the final.

They beat us in 2017 for sure though.

If it wasn't for Atletico I am pretty sure a back to back treble would have happened. And it would have been even sweeter to pummle Real to get it.

Rassvet

If it wasn't for Atletico I am pretty sure a back to back treble would have happened. And it would have been even sweeter to pummle Real to get it.

Idk about that. The team was really starting to look fatigued towards the end of the season. Unless Barca drew Man City in the semis, I think beating Bayern or Madrid over two legs and then the other in the final would have been tough.

serghei

Not sure. After Atletico we were still not very good in the following weeks. We'd have probably got knocked out by Pep's Bayern if I had to bet. In a CL final, I think we could have won it if we got there though. 50-50 game against Madrid.

Especially if we play that joke City in the semis on the road to the final.

serghei

Wow Alonso, would've been an awesome goal.

I don't know why people hate him. For low money, he'd be a great signing for us.

serghei

Liverpool struggling.

It's Chelsea.

Liverpool got dominated by Chelsea at home until they were left in 10 men. Slightly dominated Chelsea in the Carabo Cup final, but match was close. Got slightly dominated after a good start in the league again in the 2-2.

If Chelsea games and City games are an indication this season, and they are, Madrid have a good shot in the final IMO. If Benzema has one of his crazy games again...

Home of Barca Fans