Matias Arezo

Messi983

01ftfy4j47kj15x5qhq6.jpg

ma.png

19 years old Uruguayan striker has signed a 4,5 year contract with Granada in last minutes of January transfer window after already being linked to Atletico Madrid amongst other clubs last summer.

I was kind hoping he'd stay in Uruguay long enough we could take a gamble on either him or Agustin Alvarez (he's staying in Penarol for now so still a possibility) in the summer if we won't get a proven striker but now that he's in La Liga will surely follow his development closely.

Matias Arezo is a very similar type of player to Luis Suarez and so is a constant nuisance for defenders. He is a skillful players who is often able to beat his man but also plays quite instinctively which allows him to beat his man more easily as he is more unpredictable. Like Suarez, Arezo is of a stocky build which allows him to withstand physical pressure whilst on the ball, and gives him to opportunity to either hold the ball up or run with the ball when the ball is played into him. In a similar style to the Atletico Madrid striker, Matias Arezo is not blessed with blistering pace but he is quick enough that he?s is able to get away from defenders, due to his anticipation and reading of the game which allows him to be a second or two ahead of the opposition players.

https://footballtalentscout.net/2021/08/24/matias-arezo-next-uruguayan-star-by-sam-wood

BTW, Granada's SD is Pep Boada who spend 17 years at Barca and is known for his eye for talents.

https://as.com/futbol/2021/06/13/primera/1623578751_742234.html

Messi983

I think we should scout South American countries like Uruguay, Ecuador and Colombia more, a lot of good talents coming from there and also cheaper than overpriced Brazilian kids. Try to sign them before they go to Porto/Benfica and are suddenly worth 40-50m after one good season there.

mc_lovin

I think we should scout South American countries like Uruguay, Ecuador and Colombia more, a lot of good talents coming from there and also cheaper than overpriced Brazilian kids. Try to sign them before they go to Porto/Benfica and are suddenly worth 40-50m after one good season there.

It's the same shallow argument I have heard countless of times. It's not really that simple for a variety of reasons.

Messi983

It's the same shallow argument I have heard countless of times. It's not really that simple for a variety of reasons.

I know it's not easy but we did it with Araujo. Knowing our financial situation and inability to produces good strikers in La Masia why we couldn't take a punt on one of those 17/18 yo strikers, give him a season in Barca B or send on loan (depending on how developed he is) and see how he'll do.

Porque

Absolutely. But also France (Ligue 2), Belgium and Netherlands.

We're not developing 9s so Barcelona B should budget for interesting projects with physical attributes and learn to play our way.

2021/2022
EZ Abde - 2m
Fabio Blanco - 500k

2020/2021
Matheus Fernandes - 7.6m (will ignore because hokey Juve swap deal, but here for reference)
Gustavo Maia - 4.5m

2019/2020
Ludo Reis - 3.25m
Rey Manaj - 2m
Hiroki - 1m
Akieme - 300k

2018/2019
Wague - 5m
Araujo - 4.7m

2017/2018
Arnaiz - 3.4m
Choco Lozano - 1.5m

These are all the B signings over the past 4 seasons. Bolded are the attacking players signed. Anybody who saw them before signing could see there was little to no chance of them arriving to the first team.

There is definitely budget to invest yearly in attacking players, especially FWs which never come through LaMasia.

Messi983

3.2m? They must've included a 50% sell on or something.

Yes.

As his 19 years old, Mat?as Arezo had already managed to attract attention in Europe, clubs like Inter or Atl?tico were following in the footsteps of the promising player, but it was Granada who, after tough negotiations, managed to get him on board, reaching a agreement with the River of Montevideo for about four million euros, an amount that allows him to get 50% of the player's record, which is committed to the Nasrid team until 2026.

But I've also seen different reports.

The agreement was closed for seven million dollars in exchange for 50% of the pass, which is more than six million euros. It was stipulated that the next 25% of the token is valued at nine million. Record sale of River Plate.

Porque

Great to see. I looked him up about a month back and thought he was flopping.

Superb recent form.

Home of Barca Fans