13 - Iñaki Peña

gregorrin10

This man might actually knock us out at this point. :lol: Inspiring performance, and audition passed with flying colors right in front of Xavi and a packed Camp Nou! Ter Stegen, watch out next season!

ajnotkeith

Very impressive. Of particular note was his aerial dominance despite hardly being 6 foot, he gives off a sense of safety and reliability in the box and must have collected a dozen crosses today.

gregorrin10

If only he was taller.

I mean 184 cm is still pretty good. Plus if his aerial game is as good as it was today, a few less cm won't make much difference. Like night and day compared to Ter Stegen in terms of picking off crosses and being calm and reliable when facing them. Not to mention he really impressed me with his ball playing capabilities and passing today, didn't know that he was this good at it. But I guess that's no real surprise, considering he's been at Barca his whole career. Should really look to give him a proper chance next season in the first team, and I'm not just talking about giving him Copa, but actually give him a chance to compete with Ter Stegen for a starting spot every game.

Very impressive. Of particular note was his aerial dominance despite hardly being 6 foot, he gives off a sense of safety and reliability in the box and must have collected a dozen crosses today.

Reminds me of Emi Martinez a lot in that sense, both are very good and dominant GKs in the air, even though Pena is a bit shorter. Picking off those crosses like it's nothing, no pressure.

Porque

He was a liability for the B at crosses. Dropped some clangers there, but maybe things will be easier in pro football in an ironic sort of way. Where the game (and attacks) are more structured and less chaotic than the minor leagues.

Anyways, not trying to sh*t on him or anything. He was excellent today.

ajnotkeith

He was a liability for the B at crosses. Dropped some clangers there, but maybe things will be easier in pro football in an ironic sort of way. Where the game (and attacks) are more structured and less chaotic than the minor leagues.

Anyways, not trying to sh*t on him or anything. He was excellent today.

I think what you see a lot with talented players from the B team and lower divisions in general is they get better as the level goes up. Like you mentioned, it becomes more ordered and less chaotic but also, your motivation increases.

It's hard to get up to play in the third division but you will get up for a big stakes knockout tie against your parent club in the EL. So you push yourself to improve more whilst your opposition pushes you too.

gregorrin10

Need to get this kid back in the summer, absolutely sensational. Pretty much the perfect two legs for both him and us, him having such great performances, but us winning it after all. He can absolutely challenge and even overtake Ter Stegen for the starting spot, if we give him a chance. We actually don't need to buy a GK, if we're not planning to sell Ter Stegen. Much more important areas that we need to upgrade on with buying from outside.

serghei

Too short, sorry. Almost got best because of his short reach by that pretty weak Auba header that hit the bar.

Andresito

Staff member
I'm more towards loaning him out for another season, hopefully to a better team that competes in Europe next season. Don't think he's going to overtake ter Stegen by playing a few games in CdR.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Even if he beats out ter Stegen next season I'm not convinced he's a long-term option for us. GKs with his height rarely work out.

Home of Barca Fans