Endrick

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Well that's more on Torres being underwhelming, but when we bought him we absolutely needed a starter to reinforce the attack.

And going forward we'll have to keep doing that, we need a new midfielder and a new RB starter (or another CB if Kounde stays playing RB). LB we might get lucky with Balde but who knows. Only in attack we could invest into a future gamble right now but even there another LW and CF could be needed quite soon.

If Coutinho & Griezmann didn't flop completely we may be in a position to gamble right now, but because they (and Dembele for the most part of his Barca career) were simultaneously expensive and useless the squad is severely lacking.

I get that we need players that can be plugged in and play right away for the first team on various positions, players who can help the team immediately, I don't disagree with that.

However, one has to have some foresight to look at what is to come down the road, and I am not even talking about spending the likes of 70m or a huge sum on teenagers, I am talking about doing scouting and other homework to identify hidden gems, players before other clubs and before the prices skyrocket and establish relationships that will help us get those players for rather cheap. Otherwise we will be spending upwards 100m, 150m to compete with other clubs to get these players from the likes of Dortmund, Benfica, Porto and others later on when they are already known and relatively established, which is money that we absolutely won't have and a race that we will absolutely lose.

It seems that compared to Madrid and some other clubs, we are always more reactive than proactive.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We dont have money for Endrick because we have to save up 60m or 70m for average midfielders like Zubimendi or Neves.

Then regret it 6 months later.

And then spend even more money on more mediocre players.

El Gato

Villarato!
70 is a bit of a market reality, but have to say it sucks to wait to reap rewards while having absolute boneheaded policy of never signing anyone over age of 28 on a short-term contract to cover the gap until prospect comes of age

If he is signed to stay at Palmeiras for 1-2 years and/or joins Castilla after, it seems a decent deal
But never know I guess

I just hope this is not the only thing we aim to do over the forward situation and leave it in to 35-year old Benzema + hope Rodrygo starts banging them in at CF
Still need a RW too, Fede aint it on that position

Devils

Devastating.

Those scumbags at Madrid can't seem to get a signing wrong these days so I expect this guy will do well for them.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
70 is a bit of a market reality, but have to say it sucks to wait to reap rewards while having absolute boneheaded policy of never signing anyone over age of 28 on a short-term contract to cover the gap until prospect comes of age

If he is signed to stay at Palmeiras for 1-2 years and/or joins Castilla after, it seems a decent deal
But never know I guess

I just hope this is not the only thing we aim to do over the forward situation and leave it in to 35-year old Benzema + hope Rodrygo starts banging them in at CF

I am sure Florentino will keep flirting with Mbappe and Haaland. The guy is truly smart, smarter than most of us.

El Gato

Villarato!
I am sure Florentino will keep flirting with Mbappe and Haaland. The guy is truly smart, smarter than most of us.

He will continue to flirt, as should. Won't mean much if comes up empty handed considering he doesnt hold all necessary cards and these star players nowadays demand more than he's willing to concede
Not really the problem if he doesn't put too much stock in his Brazillian talent endeavours and looks to plug obvious holes rather than affirm own bias. I thought he wouldnt back in 2018 when the first signs appeared, but been proven wrong. He legitimately sees it as a better and the only useful investment strategy if he cant buy a big name and the current development of Vini and Rodrygo only reinforces it to the point he'll gloss over likes of Reinier and continue as was

Last edited:

Birdy

But never know I guess

That's another of you usual jinxes

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He will continue to flirt, as should. Won't mean much if comes up empty handed considering he doesnt hold all necessary cards and these star players nowadays demand more than he's willing to concede
Not really the problem if he doesn't put too much stock in his Brazillian talent endeavours. I thought he wouldnt back in 2018 when the first signs appeared, but been proven wrong. He legitimately sees it as a better investment strategy and the current development of Vini and Rodrygo only reinforces it to the point he'll gloss over likes of Reinier and continue as was

Nothing wrong with putting too much stock in the Brazilian talent pool, an approach that has already started bearing fruits. I think one of the reasons why Endrick picked Madrid over PSG and other clubs is that Brazilian contingent you have there. Brazil, along with France in my opinion are the greatest talent pools right now so even though there might be some misses like Reinier, it is all worth it if a couple of ones turn into hits.

Not to mention Florentino is pragmatic and will never put all the eggs in one basket, that's why he will keep luring the likes of established starts like Mbappe and Haaland. Sure he will face a lot of competition from the state clubs and money doesn't grow on trees even for you guys, there is a big chance that he gets his wishes I think.

Tebas accused Laporta of being a stooge of Florentino, I only wish it was true and hope Laporta starts learning a few things from the master. :lol:

vuji_31

Don't worry we will sign player like Zubimendi with unique set of skills for more money then they paod for generatinal talent

El Gato

Villarato!
That's another of you usual jinxes

Meaning what

About as good a 'jinx' as Vini feels like

Nothing wrong with putting too much stock in the Brazilian talent pool, an approach that has already started bearing fruits. I think one of the reasons why Endrick picked Madrid over PSG and other clubs is that Brazilian contingent you have there. Brazil, along with France in my opinion are the greatest talent pools right now so even though there might be some misses like Reinier, it is all worth it if a couple of ones turn into hits.

Not to mention Florentino is pragmatic and will never put all the eggs in one basket, that's why he will keep luring the likes of established starts like Mbappe and Haaland. Sure he will face a lot of competition from the state clubs and money doesn't grow on trees even for you guys, there is a big chance that he gets his wishes I think.

Tebas accused Laporta of being a stooge of Florentino, I only wish it was true and hope Laporta starts learning a few things from the master. :lol:

Plenty wrong with it when you bank on returns in 3-5 years while sign nobody for the meantime

He has put eggs in one basket with both and came out empty handed this summer, now just left hoping Rodrygo proves a better CF than has been RW

Laporta has to have a relationship with Perez if aims to keep Barca socio model with ESL to provide respite given the finances and how the choices from this summer are so far proving poor, doesnt matter how Tebas feels about it really

Home of Barca Fans