The Anti-Amigo League

BarcaOG

Banned
we will never get out of this rut if we do not completely and ruthlessly eliminate the unproductive elements of the squad. this is for the most part the amigos

(and this includes xavi)

they have essentially hijacked the club. no matter who is coach, no matter how bad they play, how many leagues they dont win, how many CL humiliations they force us cules to suffer through, theyre here every august.

Birdy

From Players I would put Pique no1 in the list.

Yes, top player in the past, but he became just average CB with aging, circa 2016,2017 or so
And then, he became just horrendous, with the worst versions of him being witnessed the last 3.5 seasons.
Easily replaceable in the squad, and on the market as well.
There is 0 reasons he should still play.

All the above is sporting-wise.
But the worst part comes with his status in the dressing room, which he defends at all costs.
He is cancerous, and makes other players next to him more cancerous.
I honestly believe the rest of the Amigos would have been less cancerous without Gerry around.
We just need a ruthless president to the end the Amigo culture by first decapitating the head of the body, which is this twat.
Unfortunately, Laporta ain't one...

Bobo32

I sign up for the anti-amigo club, meaning I am against those talking about "amigos" and disrespecting the ones who actually won something for this club, played well for this club, cared for this club, and who still are clearly the best players on their positions for this club.

Horatio

You're welcome
I sign up for the anti-amigo club, meaning I am against those talking about "amigos" and disrespecting the ones who actually won something for this club, played well for this club, cared for this club, and who still are clearly the best players on their positions for this club.

You have gone too far this time

Fati_Future_BallonDor

First of all we should stop bringing amigos back. Alves was good yesterday but he is 38 and we still need to find a solution for RB position. Further lets see how difficult it will be to get him out of the club. Once he feels the amigo atmosphere here with his buddies alba, busi, pique, we will have very very big problems.

BarcaOG

Banned

you're kidding right bobo?

by your logic there'd be nothing wrong with bringing Ronnie and Etoo back

Bobo32

you're kidding right bobo?

by your logic there'd be nothing wrong with bringing Ronnie and Etoo back

I don't usually joke around!
These two are over 40 now I think, but yeah I think they'd both be a lot better than Depay in the current year tbvqh. No I do not want them back, but if a player like Busquets is consistently one of the best players of the team I think he should continue to play, and when the day comes that he is not the best suited for the position, he should still be treated like the GOAT he is even by the very spoilt users here.

It is very unheartening to see the amigos in a place like this turning against someone like him, and it is the same with Pique and Alba and even Roberto. I think it is very low behaviour!

Andresito

Staff member
I don't usually joke around!
These two are over 40 now I think, but yeah I think they'd both be a lot better than Depay in the current year tbvqh.

Stop trolling.

Meta_107.jpg

ronaldinho.jpeg

Bobo32

Depays triceps surae look a bit impressive, more than anything he ever did at the pitch for Barcelona. It is difficult to perform worse than him and I doubt these now quite fat legends would succeed.

My logic though has nothing to do with that, it is simply that the best player should play, sometimes it is the older one like the case with Alves vs Dest or Busquets vs Frenkie, and sometimes it is the younger one.

LFCB

They couldn't be bothered to concentrate/try for 45 mins in two consecutive seasons.
90 mins that would have seen us reach CL SF, followed by a likely treble :pique:

All the time Madrid sent us into distress

BarcaOG

Banned
most shameless is pique

worst in terms of from right now probably Busi

they dont know what 'retiring in dignity' means.

look at xavi and iniesta. they left as winners and when it was clear to them that they could no longer give the club what is expected at the elite level. very commendable self-awareness and honesty that the amigo clowns sorely lack

KingLeo10

most shameless is pique

worst in terms of from right now probably Busi

they dont know what 'retiring in dignity' means.

look at xavi and iniesta. they left as winners and when it was clear to them that they could no longer give the club what is expected at the elite level. very commendable self-awareness and honesty that the amigo clowns sorely lack

Iniesta did. Not Xavi. Xavi was basically relegated to bench level in 14/15 with Rakitic and he decided to chase the money in Qatar instead of being a super-sub for us.

BarcaOG

Banned
i thought xavi had a decent last season for us. he wasnt a starter anymore but he wasnt entirely usless, either.

the amigos are much worse than xavi was when he decided to leave.

what he did afterwards in qatar is besides the point

khaled_a_d

Non of our previous legends left easily.
Puyol stayed until his legs were done, allowed the club to use him to avoid signing a much needed defender because he was "new signing".
Xavi last season as proper Barca starting CM was in 2010-2011, he declined after while remaining untouchable for 3 years, worse yet he challenged Tata in training because "it isn't the way Barca should play".
Retired from NT when he became embarrassment there, left Barca when he had lucrative deal in Qatar and was clear he won't start again.
Iniesta wasn't that good in last 2 seasons, left when had great deal for his wine business and when club signed Coutinho who looked like he will inevitably bench him.
The club basically told last 2 to leave by signing a proper replacement, and the only reason they ended their career here "highly" is the younger generation who carried them to trophies when they were on their last legs.
The current amigos are only seeking same treatment, and the club is giving it to them. But they are too many with no world class players to bench them, no one to tell them to gtfo, no young players to win it for them either.

Rassvet

When the amigos leave, we're just gonna end up replacing them with average Spanish/Catalan Barca DNA type players. It will be a pyrrhic victory of sorts.

Home of Barca Fans