Fabio Blanco

Messi983

fb.png

FIlFnBUX0AoF6aD

Barcelona have announced the signing of Fabio Blanco from Eintracht Frankfurt according to a report in Diario Sport. The 17-year-old has signed a contract with the club until 2024, and will start off with Barcelona B before hopefully joining the first team.

Blanco joined Eintracht from Valencia in the summer, having come through the youth system at Mestalla. But now he?s under the command of Sergi Barjuan. Barcelona have inserted a ?100m release clause in his contract to protect their investment.

https://www.football-espana.net/202...ning-of-fabio-blanco-from-eintracht-frankfurt

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
So he cost 500k?

Where did it go wrong for him at Eintracht Frankfurt for him to leave after half a season?

BBZ8800

So he cost 500k?

Where did it go wrong for him at Eintracht Frankfurt for him to leave after half a season?

He faked that he is bad so that he could sign for cheap for us to form the most lethal 21st-century duo Haaland-Blanco.

Our Titanic is again slowly rising towards the surface.

HOPE

Andresito

Staff member
So he cost 500k?

He was unhappy that he didn't get to play for the first team after Frankfurt promised him that. And with Frankfurt not having a reserve team, he was stuck with the U19's and apparently refused to train or play with the teenagers.
Him and his agent caused a bit of a fuss. Some warning signs maybe. We'll see soon enough.

Messi983

Unfortunately, he picked a tumultuous time to head to Germany. Soon after he agreed to sign, Eintracht had a new manager, sporting director and chairman, none of whom had actually been involved in the decision to sign him.

Blanco trained with the Eintracht seniors but was always left out by manager Oliver Glasner, and given they don't have a reserve team, he was left playing with the Under-19s - no better off than he was in Valencia.

https://www.90min.com/posts/fabio-blanco-introducing-barcelona-wonderkid-january-transfer

Porque

Not unusual for young players not to adapt overseas either.

We had that English kid last year who left quickly. Name escapes me.

Some of the circumstances seem similar to Ilaix with the maangerial changes. He is lucky Barcelona were still interested and Frankfurt were open to a quick deal.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Not unusual for young players not to adapt overseas either.

We had that English kid last year who left quickly. Name escapes me.

Some of the circumstances seem similar to Ilaix with the maangerial changes. He is lucky Barcelona were still interested otherwise he could have been going to a team worse than Valencia

Boy with the worst haircut, Louie Barry

MTL_Barca

It's a bit worrying if he leaves after just half a season, but i guess he went there being promised a chance at the 1st team so understandable.

We'll see how happy he will be playing for our b team then, because i doubt he'll have a chance at the first team anytime soon. Others are already ahead and we'll hopefully have a better forward line next season.

Let's play BBZ here and predict he'll fail, because that's simply the most probable outcome for any youngster. But maybe he can help the b-team if their attackers keep getting called up for the 1st team squad.

Andresito

Staff member
It's a bit worrying if he leaves after just half a season, but i guess he went there being promised a chance at the 1st team so understandable.

We'll see how happy he will be playing for our b team then, because i doubt he'll have a chance at the first team anytime soon. Others are already ahead and we'll hopefully have a better forward line next season.

Let's play BBZ here and predict he'll fail, because that's simply the most probable outcome for any youngster. But maybe he can help the b-team if their attackers keep getting called up for the 1st team squad.

Seeing the likes of Jutgla, Ilias, Estanis and Abde make their debuts might seem enticing. But I don't think (and I really hope) we won't have to rely on so many B-teamers ever again.

But with Luuk and Braithwaite being ass, Ansu and Dembele on the verge of breaking, there sure is room to get minutes in certain circumstances.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He faked that he is bad so that he could sign for cheap for us to form the most lethal 21st-century duo Haaland-Blanco.

Our Titanic is again slowly rising towards the surface.

HOPE

Inb4 you're right but instead of Haaland - Blanco it becomes Haaland in Blanco :lol:

MTL_Barca

Seeing the likes of Jutgla, Ilias, Estanis and Abde make their debuts might seem enticing. But I don't think (and I really hope) we won't have to rely on so many B-teamers ever again.

But with Luuk and Braithwaite being ass, Ansu and Dembele on the verge of breaking, there sure is room to get minutes in certain circumstances.

This season certainly. It's a really good time to be a promising youngster at Barca right now. Sucks for Ilaix especially but he chose his faith :lol:

But because there's such an easy way now it could also make it more difficult for any young guys joining now, because we already have so many near the 1st now and hopefully add some players in the summer.

But talented players are always welcome, so maybe he can suprise who knows. I don't mind these transfers, even if only 1 in 50 works it's still good and after all Barca B needs players as well.

Home of Barca Fans