Staff member
Saturday, January 8, 18:30 CET

Fn_X2IO4-1ACuTemcHkDEw_96x96.png
-
paYnEE8hcrP96neHRNofhQ_96x96.png

-------

Andresito

Staff member
Let's hope we don't have to rely on B players as much as we've had to from now on. Will still have to start likes of Jutgla and Ilias/Abde for this game, but bench probably stronger than before.

Hopefully Gavi, Pedri, Ansu and Memphis are back. Can't see anyone other than Gavi starting though. Xavi said it was either this or the next game that would see the return of Ansu and Memphis. Next game is Madrid though.

FinBarcelonafan

Let's hope we don't have to rely on B players as much as we've had to from now on. Will still have to start likes of Jutgla and Ilias/Abde for this game, but bench probably stronger than before.

Hopefully Gavi, Pedri, Ansu and Memphis are back. Can't see anyone other than Gavi starting though. Xavi said it was either this or the next game that would see the return of Ansu and Memphis. Next game is Madrid though.

I hope they won't rush any players to play the Qatar Cup. Take it as a practice match and focus on real games.

I know, sounds bit loser mentality but our focus should be on EL and LaLiga.

Windhook

Europa League is still far in the calendar. There are some visible results from Xavi's work in training and this away game against Granada could boost team morale even more.

Hope sick and injured players return one by one. I believe Xavi will not rush Ansu and Pedri for the Super Cup, not as starters at least.

Birdy

Expecting something like the following:

--------MATS-
Dest-Eric-Leng-Alba-
--------Busi
---Nico----Gavi
Abde-Jutgla-Dembouz
(don't know if Abde tested negative yet. If NOT, Luuk plays)

And then Ansu, Memphis to come in as subs (Pedri too if he test negative)

gregorrin10

Expecting something like the following:

--------MATS-
Dest-Eric-Leng-Alba-
--------Busi
---Nico----Gavi
Abde-Jutgla-Dembouz
(don't know if Abde tested negative yet. If NOT, Luuk plays)

And then Ansu, Memphis to come in as subs (Pedri too if he test negative)

We can't start all of Nico, Gavi, Abde and Jutgla. Only 3 of them. We really need to register Gavi and Nico as first team players before the next La Liga game, especially since we're only playing Supercopa and Copa for the next 2 weeks after this one (Rayo game got postponed because of the Copa). Next La Liga game on the 23rd vs Alaves, we should really have Ferran, Nico and Gavi registered for the first team by then. Don't know if we're planning on registering Abde for the first team too (probably depending on what we're planning on doing with Dembele this month, if anything), Jutgla probably not in any case.

As for tonight, probably most sensible to start Puig, not LDJ. Start both Abde and Jutgla instead of Nico, where we actually have a (good) replacement lined up, as opposed to the attacking third. Unless Depay is also ready to start, but I wouldn't anyway, especially since he's only returned. Would also send the wrong message to Jutgla and Abde, who both deserve to start before him right now.

Andresito

Staff member
Pedri, Ansu, Ferran left now. Shouldn't take more than a week to get them back I'd imagine.

Home of Barca Fans