Copa 1/32 Final: Linares Deportivo - FC Barcelona 1-2

Bobo32

On the goal: Yes Puig and Alba both fell when one should've pressed and one should've followed the player that initally was marked by Puig. Ironically Puig has been criticized for not falling.
It was a one second misunderstanding that lead to a Deportivo Linares player being unpressed on the side line for two seconds.
Deportivo Linares were in possession of the ball for I don't know how many seconds, how can one player be extremely free five to ten meters out from the goal?

It is really strange and actually a bit shameful to focus on Alba or Puig in that sequence.

JerseyAddict

On the goal: Yes Puig and Alba both fell when one should've pressed and one should've followed the player that initally was marked by Puig. Ironically Puig has been criticized for not falling.
It was a one second misunderstanding that lead to a Deportivo Linares player being unpressed on the side line for two seconds.
Deportivo Linares were in possession of the ball for I don't know how many seconds, how can one player be extremely free five to ten meters out from the goal?

It is really strange and actually a bit shameful to focus on Alba or Puig in that sequence.

Player was free cause Mingue fell a sleep.

Gari

Today, on the contrary, 1 half is bad, the second half is good. Xavi must draw conclusions. But there is no one on the bench either. Neto no practice joke, Mingeza is very weak.The road is long. Strengthenings are needed.

FinBarcelonafan

Today, on the contrary, 1 half is bad, the second half is good. Xavi must draw conclusions. But there is no one on the bench either. Neto no practice joke, Mingeza is very weak.The road is long. Strengthenings are needed.

A lot of players missing because of injuries, Covid and salary problems. Offense suffering especially.

Gari

FIXY5kaWQAky5mP

Gari

Xavi: "I told the players that they were better than the opponents, but I told them that two things could happen to us: an expulsion or not equalling the intensity of them, and the latter is what happened to us in the first few minutes."“At half time I told the players very clearly that we could talk three hours about tactics but that it was a victory of faith, I could adjust 200 tactical things but it was a matter of faith.”

Gari

Official: Barcelona will face Athletic Club in the next round of the Copa del Rey.
FIf0ik2XEAAJsyS

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans