2022 Ballon d'Or

CatalinR10

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Wow wow wow i see the early bird catches the worm!

My favourite is also Mbappe!

Outsider Pick: My feeling says city will win Cl, so why not a player from them?

Bobo32

I guess the world cup plays too late to be taken into account - otherwise the winner would be the biggest star of the team that win or maybe get 2nd.
Maybe Messi again, or maybe Kevin de Bruyne or Salah or Vinicius or Lewandowski, impossible to tell until the CL is decided.
Bernardo Silva would be my outsider.

bismp

It would make sense to postpone the voting to include the WC.

It‘s too big to leave it for 2023.

Andresito

Staff member
City winning CL will be like Bayern 2014 - a clear standout player will be hard to choose ahead of potential individual stars like Mbappe, CR, Messi if they have a good year.

For a player like Bernardo to win he needs both CL and WC, plus being instrumental in both with important goals. Which feels unlikely at this point.

WC shouldn't be left out, and I don't think it will. Think Vini will make his first appearance in top 10 this year.

Marshall D Teach

City winning CL will be like Bayern 2014 - a clear standout player will be hard to choose ahead of potential individual stars like Mbappe, CR, Messi if they have a good year.

For a player like Bernardo to win he needs both CL and WC, plus being instrumental in both with important goals. Which feels unlikely at this point.

WC shouldn't be left out, and I don't think it will. Think Vini will make his first appearance in top 10 this year.

2013*

Never seen such a good team less reliant on any single individual. Take out any one of their starting XI and they'll still hammer you.

Robben was actually on the bench for most of that season until Kroos got injured. They slotted him in and marched on without skipping a beat.

Last edited:

JohnN

Messi plays on top of his (current) game for a couple of months in spring and Winter, wins cl and wc and no.8 is in the bag.
On a serious note, Mbapee with a good world cup / cl could actually pull it off this time, if lewa doesn't explode again.

Home of Barca Fans