La Liga | Round 18: Sevilla - FC Barcelona 1-1

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Not a bad showing. Abde, Ferran are raw but it's understandable. Look at Dembele, still not comprehending basics either (despite obvious quality).

We are struggling to score but defense is still our worst problem and we have 3 veterans (Busquets, Pique, Alba) there plus Alves incoming.
They all need to be cleared out.

Birdy

2 clear-cut chances vs 0 from SEvilla.
We could have won this for sure.

It's a pity, but we are improving.
Expecting 3 wins in a row now, in the next 3 away games for LaLiga and copa

Gari

Conclusion: Barcelona is stronger than Sevilla (it is), but there is no one to score (this is also the case). We need someone who will score. These draws chase us and bring us down.

mdenci

I really liked the game, our play style and confidence was better than before. Cheap goal, but I will assign that to our youth. Too bad about that Gavi header and Dembele's post, but all in all I think we should be satisfied because thing are looking to be shaping up nicely. I recon that the break will do us good in terms of rest, plus there is no Busi and Gavi for the next match, so maybe we'll see Frenkie at CDM with Nico and Puig in front of him. Put Ansu and Depay into this, possibly Pedri (in a Frenkie; Pedri-Gavi mid triangle), I really believe we have something to look forward to.

gasgas

We are improving.

And with the CVC deal and new signings (Haaland, Mazraoui, Ferran)

The future is bright

Pepsbarca

Not a bad showing. Abde, Ferran are raw but it's understandable. Look at Dembele, still not comprehending basics either (despite obvious quality).

We are struggling to score but defense is still our worst problem and we have 3 veterans (Busquets, Pique, Alba) there plus Alves incoming.
They all need to be cleared out.

Thought this was our best game in a while. Xavi clearly doing a good job so far and the improvement is there to see. Dembele, was, I thought, really bad. He made a lot of bad decisions with the ball. I was hoping that he was going to be taken off but we don't really have any great options. Sevilla did a good job of killing the game once the red card happened and we didn't help with some of the players just trying to dribble every time they got the ball. You could see Xavi on the sideline getting frustrated with the decision making.

All in all, a much better match and the improvement should continue now that we've got some time to get on the training pitch before the next match.

Pepsbarca

I really liked the game, our play style and confidence was better than before. Cheap goal, but I will assign that to our youth. Too bad about that Gavi header and Dembele's post, but all in all I think we should be satisfied because thing are looking to be shaping up nicely. I recon that the break will do us good in terms of rest, plus there is no Busi and Gavi for the next match, so maybe we'll see Frenkie at CDM with Nico and Puig in front of him. Put Ansu and Depay into this, possibly Pedri (in a Frenkie; Pedri-Gavi mid triangle), I really believe we have something to look forward to.

A Pedri-Gavi midfield is going to be fun to watch. 2 really promising players who have the potential to be world class and are both really young. I'm not sure Depay is the answer at forward but he'll be better then what we've got right now so there will be improvement.

Sevilla scored a really good goal on that corner. I don't think it was anyone's fault and sometimes you just have to give the opponents credit for being good. Getting excited about what Xavi is doing with this side and these injured players can't come back soon enough.

Home of Barca Fans