Ferran Jutgla

ajnotkeith

Jutgla is nothing like Arnaiz, in fact the total opposite. This guy isn't rated at all, he was released from a third division team.

He's also 23 in a couple weeks. Don't see the comparison.

Porque

If anything, Jutgla would support the hypothesis that Juiian Alvarez should be our opportunity winter striker signing. Profiles seem similar based on the little I have seen of Julians HLs.

Looks like he would work with the two wide men disposed.

ajnotkeith

If anything, Jutgla would support the hypothesis that Juiian Alvarez should be our opportunity winter striker signing. Profiles seem similar based on the little I have seen of Julians HLs.

Yeah, short for a 9 but fast and knows how to exploit the spaces well with great finishing. And has the profile to fill in on the wings.

Don't think he'll be a world class 9 just because being 5'7 as a striker is really limiting but could definitely put 10-15 goals in a season for us and then sell him for double the price or more in a few years.

Andresito

Staff member
Jutgla is nothing like Arnaiz, in fact the total opposite. This guy isn't rated at all, he was released from a third division team.

Arnaiz also scored a few goals with great finishing. That's where the comparison is.

Messi983

Arnaiz was also 23 when we've signed him.

Don't want to go OT here but I've posted article in the Alvarez thread a few days ago that says he wouldn't be a good fit for Barca.

Porque

Don't want to go OT here but I've posted article in the Alvarez thread a few days ago that says he wouldn't be a good fit for Barca.

I read your link and it was an interesting piece. I just wonder if it ignores what Xavi currently is looking for in his 9. Someone who has good link up, can press from the front has decent pace and (obviously) ultimately scores. I think our attacking pace and focus will be brought from the two wide men creating cut backs to the CF and emerging midfielders- so we probably won't be hurt too much from Julian not being a pace merchant or elite in any single facet.

If Alvarez doesn't have the profile that the article mentioned, then neither will Fati.

Back to Jutgla. He is probably starting versus Sevilla and is going to stick with the first team over after the winter break. What a crazy ascension. Fully expect the form to drop to his real level within a handful of games, but stories like this can't help but make you feel happy in modern football.

khaled_a_d

tbf, a player who lives on off the ball movement will always do better on higher level than on lower divisions.
This could be the case for him, although a bit early to draw any conclusion.

PS: Regarding his age, isn't there is a limit that 22+ years old can play from Barca B? 5 games or something?

ajnotkeith

tbf, a player who lives on off the ball movement will always do better on higher level than on lower divisions.
This could be the case for him, although a bit early to draw any conclusion.

PS: Regarding his age, isn't there is a limit that 22+ years old can play from Barca B? 5 games or something?

I think it's 10 games and then he can't go back. But when Braithwaite Depay and Fati come back he'll probably go back with the B so won't end up reaching that unless there'll be another injury crisis in forward.

Xavi and Koeman have really screwed over Sergi, who has to rely on Juvenil A, all his players are going to the first team.

Windhook

Xavi and Koeman have really screwed over Sergi, who has to rely on Juvenil A, all his players are going to the first team.

At the end of the day the first team is more important than second team's results. If we look back a decade ago at Segunda there were 2-3 B teams (including Barca B) participating every season. Now Sociedad B is currently the single one, near the bottom of Segunda, being the first B team since Barca B and Sevilla Atletico in 2017/18 to compete in that league. Obviously there is some shift.

I agree with Xavi as some of the rules are stupid and inflexible, especially in case of injuries.

khaled_a_d

I agree with Xavi as some of the rules are stupid and inflexible, especially in case of injuries.

`tbf, we have 3 free slots as it stands, it isn't Liga problem that we want to save those spots for signing.
You promote Gavi, Nico and whoever you want, and suddenly you don't face the problem of playing youth players

Nazario1985

He should have passed the ball many many times.

His shooting outside the box is absent should try link with wings more often.

If I was Dembele on that first half attack i would have yelled at him for that stupid decision.

It ain't kid games, against team like Sevilla you get 3-4 chances so better ensure scoring if possible.

ajnotkeith

He has never played at anywhere near this level so he will make mistakes, but outright greediness was a bit sobering to see.

Home of Barca Fans