Ferran Jutgla

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Maybe Xavi wanted to gain back the control of the game by subbing in another midfielder. We were playing really bad after the equalizer and no one managed to keep control.

frostdude1

This kid is a pure, natural, goal scorer. You cannot teach what he has.
I am not comparing him Rooney, but he reminds me of him a lot!

clemente

100% better than LDJ, which of course doesn't mean anything but at least for sure we won't be playing 10v11 no more because no more reason to play him

Messi983

100% better than LDJ, which of course doesn't mean anything but at least for sure we won't be playing 10v11 no more because no more reason to play him

I mean, we're still playing 8v13 with likes of Pique, Busi, Lenglet and MATS starting but I get your point.

BBZ8800

Arnaiz 2.0?

I liked Jutgla's movement and play this weekend.
But now that you mentioned Arnaiz, it is always nice to go back to the days when a former hyped kid was hot.
In those days, there were rumors that Bayern, Man Utd and Arsenal want a mighty Arnaiz.

Also, there is tons of our famous "he can't be worse than _______ (insert a random older player who is hated in a certain era)" :lol:

https://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/14593-Jose-Arnaiz/page8

Porque

Arnauz was really good. Injuries destroyed his progression.

But watch his games with the first team and he was slotted in well, while had a good level in the B teams segunda campaign. They basically tanked when he got injured long term.

(Havent clicked the link but im probably there somewhere :lol: )

Messi983

BBZ again doing his favorite thing (besides posting pics of Titanic :) ) searching for old posts of people hyping a young player after a few good games.

We love you, man. Never change. :)

Messi983

Arnauz was really good. Injuries destroyed his progression.

But watch his games with the first team and he was slotted in well, while had a good level in the B teams segunda campaign. They basically tanked when he got injured long term.

(Havent clicked the link but im probably there somewhere :lol: )

Yeah, he was never the same after missing almost 10 months with an injury but we still made some profit selling him.

He'd probably also be a starter in current team.

BBZ8800

There is nothing extreme in the link BBZ posted anyway or any huge claims.

Poor attempt to make some vague point.

Nothing spectacular but rated higher than he was actually good.

That's the point.
Young players are almost always rated higher than they actually deserve.
And then it ranges from a medium level of hype to insane levels of hype (my favorites like Arthur, Frenkie and a decade of dominance by this magical duo, or a midfield trio for the future Alena-Puig-baby Busquets Oriol).

The same could be applied today.
Even though some of our youngsters are good, the praise is way too high, imo, especially in Pedri's and Fati's case.

JamDav1982

Nothing spectacular but rated higher than he was actually good.

That's the point.
Young players are almost always rated higher than they actually deserve.
And then it ranges from a medium level of hype to insane levels of hype (my favorites like Arthur, Frenkie, or a midfield trio for the future Alena-Puig-baby Busquets Oriol).

The same could be applied today.
Even though some of our youngsters are good, the praise is way too high, imo, especially in Pedri's and Fati's case.

Not hugely rated. He was being discussed on potential and being able to fill gap on squad where likes of Deulofeu and Vidal were dead spots.

I mean is there a worse over rating than Braithwaite being best attacking player in squad and Messi worst?

Can all revisit the past on here.

You ignore young players like Fati, Pedri, Gavi, Nico, Araujo etc who you scoff at then do well also.

Some get overyhped on all young players some call them all shit. All get it wrong at times.

Home of Barca Fans