Mika Marmol

Andresito

Staff member
1622135243_923988_1622135774_noticia_normal.jpg

sdf.png

Andresito

Staff member
According to Romero, Mika is going to feature more and more in the first team dynamics from now on.

Could be a cheap Umtiti/Lenglet replacement. Has also played LB at times for the B team.

Messi983

Good news.

He'll probably train with the first team but still mostly play for Barca B unless we can offload both Umtiti and Lenglet in January. But for next season could be a cheap 4th CB/backup LB option. Doesn't look like Xavi trusts Balde too much so send him on loan if his status won't change in next few months and have Mika also covering as LB. Would clearly prefer to buy someone like Gaya to seriously challenge Alba but don't know how likely that is to happen.

Andresito

Staff member
Good news.

He'll probably train with the first team but still mostly play for Barca B unless we can offload both Umtiti and Lenglet in January. But for next season could be a cheap 4th CB/backup LB option. Doesn't look like Xavi trusts Balde too much so send him on loan if his status won't change in next few months and have Mika also covering as LB. Would clearly prefer to buy someone like Gaya to seriously challenge Alba but don't know how likely that is to happen.

We also have Cuenca as a potential backup player for that LCB spot. Hope they're keeping tabs on him. Could even buy Cuenca and loan out/sell Marmol to get Liga experience next season.

Porque

I'm convinced he can be beneficial to the squad. I was big on Ramos Mingo last season but Marmol has surpassed him this year. Similar profiles but better on the ball and less prone to defensive era's.

A player in theory who should have more longativity than Mingueza.

No reason to give Umtiti another minute really.

Messi983

We also have Cuenca as a potential backup player for that LCB spot. Hope they're keeping tabs on him. Could even buy Cuenca and loan out/sell Marmol to get Liga experience next season.

Don't know if Cuenca is good enough tbh eventhough he's a regular starter for Getafe. Haven't watched him much this season but from what I've seen he wasn't really convincing. Still has second half of the season to improve though.

But either way it's good we have some cheap CB options to potentially take over Umtiti and Lenglet's role. Still need a top class CB but it's unlikely we'll get one next year. 2023 more likely.

ajnotkeith

I'm convinced he can be beneficial to the squad. I was big on Ramos Mingo last season but Marmol has surpassed him this year. Similar profiles but better on the ball and less prone to defensive era's.

A player in theory who should have more longativity than Mingueza.

No reason to give Umtiti another minute really.
Tbh I'm not convinced. I see him very similar to Eric except Eric has first-division experience and is better. He is left footed but I don't think that will move the needle, good season for Barca B sofar though.

Porque

Tbh I'm not convinced. I see him very similar to Eric except Eric has first-division experience and is better. He is left footed but I don't think that will move the needle, good season for Barca B sofar though.

It is left footed depth for CB and LB though which means we can look for exits of Umtiti and Lenglet without the need any short term signing.

I think the key of Marmol is that he isn't mistake prone, and is tidy on the ball. Two things we would need in a backup defender.

But your right in that he doesnt look to have a particularly high ceiling.

Last edited:

Porque

For those who haven't watched this cat. This popped up on my feed this morning.

Last edited:

Messi983

According to MD he'll renew his contract, do a preseason with the first team and then most likely go on loan.

JamDav1982

Good move.

He has nothing to prove in third tier now.

One of my gripes with Barca is how long they hold players in B team and dont put out on loan to test them in the real world if think cant offer first team anything.

Porque

Signing for Girona. 4 year deal on a free transfer.

Like Mingueza, we hold 50% of the rights. Not indicated if a buy back clause amount is stipulated.

Didn't impress in pre-season, but would not be surprised if he improves alot over the next few seasons.

Andresito

Staff member
Wonder if we'll ever make use of the future sales and buy back options we have on all these players we've let go for free.

Messi983

Doing well for Andorra.

Mika M?rmol - LaLiga 2 22/23:

☑️16 games
☑️1 assist
☑️89 passes per 90
☑️87% pass accuracy
☑️2.1 tackles won per 90
☑️2.3 interceptions per 90
☑️3 clearances per 90
☑️51% of all duels won

Breakthrough season for the former La Masia player. A very interesting ball-playing CB.

Home of Barca Fans