31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mika Marmol

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to Romero, Mika is going to feature more and more in the first team dynamics from now on.

Could be a cheap Umtiti/Lenglet replacement. Has also played LB at times for the B team.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good news.

He'll probably train with the first team but still mostly play for Barca B unless we can offload both Umtiti and Lenglet in January. But for next season could be a cheap 4th CB/backup LB option. Doesn't look like Xavi trusts Balde too much so send him on loan if his status won't change in next few months and have Mika also covering as LB. Would clearly prefer to buy someone like Gaya to seriously challenge Alba but don't know how likely that is to happen.
    ES LO QUE HAY...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messi983 View Post
    Good news.

He'll probably train with the first team but still mostly play for Barca B unless we can offload both Umtiti and Lenglet in January. But for next season could be a cheap 4th CB/backup LB option. Doesn't look like Xavi trusts Balde too much so send him on loan if his status won't change in next few months and have Mika also covering as LB. Would clearly prefer to buy someone like Gaya to seriously challenge Alba but don't know how likely that is to happen.
    We also have Cuenca as a potential backup player for that LCB spot. Hope they're keeping tabs on him. Could even buy Cuenca and loan out/sell Marmol to get Liga experience next season.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm convinced he can be beneficial to the squad. I was big on Ramos Mingo last season but Marmol has surpassed him this year. Similar profiles but better on the ball and less prone to defensive era's.

A player in theory who should have more longativity than Mingueza.

No reason to give Umtiti another minute really.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andresito View Post
    We also have Cuenca as a potential backup player for that LCB spot. Hope they're keeping tabs on him. Could even buy Cuenca and loan out/sell Marmol to get Liga experience next season.
    Don't know if Cuenca is good enough tbh eventhough he's a regular starter for Getafe. Haven't watched him much this season but from what I've seen he wasn't really convincing. Still has second half of the season to improve though.

But either way it's good we have some cheap CB options to potentially take over Umtiti and Lenglet's role. Still need a top class CB but it's unlikely we'll get one next year. 2023 more likely.
    ES LO QUE HAY...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Porque View Post
    I'm convinced he can be beneficial to the squad. I was big on Ramos Mingo last season but Marmol has surpassed him this year. Similar profiles but better on the ball and less prone to defensive era's.

A player in theory who should have more longativity than Mingueza.

No reason to give Umtiti another minute really.
    Tbh I'm not convinced. I see him very similar to Eric except Eric has first-division experience and is better. He is left footed but I don't think that will move the needle, good season for Barca B sofar though.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajnotkeith View Post
    Tbh I'm not convinced. I see him very similar to Eric except Eric has first-division experience and is better. He is left footed but I don't think that will move the needle, good season for Barca B sofar though.
    It is left footed depth for CB and LB though which means we can look for exits of Umtiti and Lenglet without the need any short term signing.

I think the key of Marmol is that he isn't mistake prone, and is tidy on the ball. Two things we would need in a backup defender.

But your right in that he doesnt look to have a particularly high ceiling.
    Last edited by Porque; 17th December 2021 at 04:11 PM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those who haven't watched this cat. This popped up on my feed this morning.

Last edited by Porque; 31st December 2021 at 12:53 PM.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to MD he'll renew his contract, do a preseason with the first team and then most likely go on loan.
    ES LO QUE HAY...

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good move.

He has nothing to prove in third tier now.

One of my gripes with Barca is how long they hold players in B team and dont put out on loan to test them in the real world if think cant offer first team anything.