La Liga | Round 17: FC Barcelona - Elche 3-2

xXKonan

FG5xcpgagAAbsXT

wisconsincule

Why release the starting lineup so far in advance of the match? Gives Elche plenty of time to game plan. Garcia or Aruajo at RB? Gross.

gregorrin10

With Pique out, this was the ideal game to put in Nico instead of Busquets and see our team without those two for once, but no...I'm really worried we'll be seeing Busquets start as long as Xavi is here...my only big worry with him actually. At least hoping that he subs off Busquets for Nico and that we get to see it for at least 20-30 minutes then. At the end of the season, Xavi needs to take that step and phase out Pique and Busquets, friendships be damn. And what is this bullshit by playing Araujo at RB!? He's our best CB by far, and even when there's no Pique, he still doesn't get to start on RB? I know Dest, Roberto, Alves ain't there, so we don't have a RB to start, but still, play Mingueza there, still better to watch him fuck it up and Araujo help him clean it up from the RCB spot than to waste Araujo on RB and make our CB that much worse too. I'm actually hoping this is a 3-4-3 flat with Gavi on RM, but it's probably not.

Last edited:

serghei

Kind of obvious at this point. If it wasn't for him bringing in Alves we would be seeing Roberto as well next year.

Not sure. Gavi, Pedri, De Jong. One of those to be benched? Doubt it. Probably he'll mix it up.

I feel Xavi is most dissatisfied with Pique. I reckon we'll not be seeing as much of Pique as with Koeman, where he was basically fixed starter whenever fit.

gregorrin10

Why release the starting lineup so far in advance of the match? Gives Elche plenty of time to game plan. Garcia or Aruajo at RB? Gross.

so far? It's literally 15 minutes before the usual time, which is one hour before the match, when both lineups are announced. Match starts at 18:30 not at 21:00.

serghei

Also, worth nothing that out of all youngsters Nico gets fatigued due to overplaying the most. Gavi in comparison seems gifted with a great engine. He plays very often but is always the most eager to press and run.

gregorrin10

Maybe so :
FG5zUUZWYAQ6Fii

Yeah, really hoping this is it. Even though Gavi is so wasted on that RM spot, but at least he can cover well for Dembele who would then have total freedom to focus on the attacking side, and it's still better than to see Araujo wasted on RB.

serghei

Was just that hypothetical if he didn't bring in Alves.

Since he doesn't rate Dest and Mingueza is a disaster this season , we would probably be seeing Roberto as RB again the moment he got match fit.

Unfortunately, Mingueza and Dest piss me off to no end this season. So yeah, Alves is our best bet at RB.

It's true that we are bad currently and we have to play kids, but still, this is FC Barcelona. You can't play like shit and get away with it, which is what Dest and Mingueza are doing this season.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans