morten: pessimism as coping mechanism, or what is going on? a new thread

BarcaOG

Banned
i am just trying to understand, thats all. no harm intended at all. i am talking about a trend, though, that extends beyond (and before) the draw.

i would be ecstatic if barca were league leaders and 50-50 contenders to advance to the next round of the CL KO. real also has some stellar players (modric is still playing at a high level despite his age, vini is coming into his own, benz is doing what benz does, etc) that offer much in the way of joy and appeal

so i dont quite understand why you are always so sad about it all :lol: really, i dont

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Why is this thread?

You wouldn't be mad if you got some Portuguese side in the knockouts, BEFORE the mistakes started, and now you instead have to play one of the best sides in Europe as a consequence of UEFA's incompetency?

See it positive Morty, if you beat psg mbappe will understand he needs to go to real.

BarcaOG

Banned
mbappe knows he should go to real, fati, he doesnt need convincing.

hell be there next year, lose or win this CL KO

serghei

For the same reason why we were pissed with EV. When you have a good team and everyone else is shit in La Liga, you want to win everything, like we wanted to win the treble that season. And winning "just" the league and making CL semis was seen as a failure.

The truth is there's not much fun winning a league title against washed-up teams who can't put up a fight. This La Liga for Madrid is gonna be won like PSG is winning Ligue 1. By default almost.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

For the same reason why we were pissed with EV. When you have a good team and everyone else is shit in La Liga, you want to win everything, like we wanted to win the treble that season. And winning "just" the league and making CL semis was seen as a failure.

The truth is there's not much fun winning a league title against washed-up teams who can't put up a fight. This La Liga for Madrid is gonna be won like PSG is winning Ligue 1. By default almost.

True this la liga win for madrid is like winning la liga in 17-18 for us but still looking back to that time we didnt appreciate it enough. We have beaten the cl winner in 17-18.

Rassvet

I think it's a mix of coping and seeking reassurance. He'll give a negative take about Madrid in the hope that people will respond to his pessimism by assuring him that Madrid are actually doing well and whatnot. I probs do the same at times too on other topics.

Rassvet

It's like someone saying how dumb or ugly they are in the hope that someone will respond by assuring them they are so smart, good looking, etc.

Horatio

You're welcome
I think it's a mix of coping and seeking reassurance. He'll give a negative take about Madrid in the hope that people will respond to his pessimism by assuring him that Madrid are actually doing well and whatnot. I probs do the same at times too on other topics.

Yep. Basically what I identified you doing in Messi thread.

Home of Barca Fans