Is this the end? A new discussion

SmilerBam

Lol. Who followed this club before 2004 know very well that this club had his fair moments of very shit periods. Granted, i think this period is even worse than that, back then we still had money and a few superstars, now we have none. But BARCA is too big not to recover. In maximum 5 years we will be back where we belong, i think it can be even sooner.

Jadentheman

Lol almost all major Balon D'oR awards went to Barca players for both men and women. Academy is still considered among the best for development and giving chances to the youth for both men and women. Barca is fine. All elite teams go through cycles. The financials will improve, and making one or two big marquee signings of an S or A tier superstar with the right balance of players in other positions that can do their role well, will right the ship again.

Sooke

It's too soon to judge Xavi as an ''average'' coach.

Maybe, but he need to drop that tiki-taka system and start using more modern style of football. I strongly doubt he will do that and therefor, he will stays as an average coach.

Sooke

It's too soon to judge Xavi as an ''average'' coach.

No. It's not too soon. We are near the end of the season and there is big possibility that we may not finish in the top 4 and miss the CL.
Valverde, Setien, Koeman and Schreuder had to work with whatever we had. Xavi brought in several quality players and he is struggling to beat lower-level teams .... at home !!! So yes, he is an average coach and that is for sure.

Barcilliant

Xavi is bang average and we are wasting our time. However Laporta and his merry Catalans will watch while this club disintegrates.
In terms of CL we are not going to seriously challenge for another five years at least.

Iniesta Ultra

Xavi is bang average and we are wasting our time. However Laporta and his merry Catalans will watch while this club disintegrates.
In terms of CL we are not going to seriously challenge for another five years at least.

Situation's bad enough no need to be hyperbolic. Once we get the right coach should only take a year assuming Xavi doesn't make our financial situation worse with the wrong signings.

Barcilliant

Situation's bad enough no need to be hyperbolic. Once we get the right coach should only take a year assuming Xavi doesn't make our financial situation worse with the wrong signings.

Not at all. I've been saying we need to clean shop since Roma debacle but we still have Alba, Pique, Busquets and Ter Stegen. They should have all been gradually shipped out but five seasons later we're still stuck with them and Xavi thinks that's a good thing 😂

LFCB

What is the expectation for the next 10 years? If we get 5 leagues, maybe 2 CL's. Is that too optimistic?

Home of Barca Fans