CL | Round 6: Bayern Munchen - FC Barcelona 3-0

JohnN

Anyone got any ideas?

From what we saw vs Betis, our attackers can't score and our squad has plenty of individual mistakes in them to give away goals.

Perhaps, defend with 2 blocks, put Dembele as a sole attacker for counters and pray.

Please suggest how you would set up the team or how you expect Xavi to set up the team.

Brace Yourselves

ajnotkeith

Dispense with Depay as 9 and put Dembele CF. 442 style structure with it being more of a 451 without the ball. Try to break in numbers and get balls down the line to Dembele. Alba and Dest fullbacks for the pace.

Our squad is very limited in terms of profile so it's difficult for us to play this way, whereas in another club they might have a workhorse hardman DM and a pacy lone 9 to play tough games we only have possession based midfielder or CB etc so it's hard to deviate from our current style of play but it's the only way we get a result.

Catta

Its not very sportsmanlike. But we should start the game aggressively, kick their players, go hard in duels. Teams won't humiliate you, when they know that you are playing rough, they won't risk injuries.

There is a reason why Real or Atleti never got humiliated like Barca did. If Bayern tried to do to them what they did to Barca, with the 8-2, half of their team would get injured. Barca is soft in duels, that is why Bayern weren't scared to go for the humiliation.

Messigician

Its not very sportsmanlike. But we should start the game aggressively, kick their players, go hard in duels. Teams won't humiliate you, when they know that you are playing rough, they won't risk injuries.

There is a reason why Real or Atleti never got humiliated like Barca did. If Bayern tried to do to them what they did to Barca, with the 8-2, half of their team would get injured. Barca is soft in duels, that is why Bayern weren't scared to go for the humiliation.

True like United did in Liverpool humiliation that game would have been 10-0 if we were United

Neymessi

Delete the match thread, go on with our daily lives that day and pretend this is not happening.

Laplacian

I've got a 2nd date with a cute girl on Wednesday, made sure to schedule it on that day so I wouldn't have to watch this shit.

Rassvet

Them beating Dortmund and looking like they will run away with the league makes it even more likely that they will take this one seriously

KingLeo10

I've got a 2nd date with a cute girl on Wednesday, made sure to schedule it on that day so I wouldn't have to watch this shit.

I had a date the day after the 2-8 fiasco. She had absolutely no interest in football and was still aware of the beatdown Barca'd suffered.

FFS.

Birdy

Reading Muller's statement after the Ballon D'Or is all you need to know about how seriously they will take this.

The difference in quality between us and them is abysmal atm.
We cannot legitimately expect anything other than a big thrashing.
We are not in a position to reasonably expect something positive, we can only hope that we don't get humiliated again.

I just don't see it unfortunately

Rassvet

Delete the match thread, go on with our daily lives that day and pretend this is not happening.

I kind of enjoy these humiliations to be honest. Gives me something to complain and be angry about. Maybe I'm a football masochist when it comes to Barca now.

Home of Barca Fans