CL | Round 6: Bayern Munchen - FC Barcelona 3-0

FinBarcelonafan

So glad I missed our shit-show, as I was celebrating my birthday!

Have to re-watch at least extended highlights to get an idea of what happened.
Let's hope we can challenge for Europa League at least.

Team needs to improve a lot to win the Europe League. Actually, not improving but new players.

fergus90

Watching the game last night was a proper reality-check to this squad's current level for anyone that needed it. Towards the end of the game, Bayern had half a team of youngsters and backup players on and spent most of the game coasting. Any time they fancied upping the tempo they carved through Barca without any issue whatsoever.

A Europa League run for this club would not be a bad thing given the situation of the squad packed with young promising players. Plenty of big clubs have been there in recent times Chelsea, Bayern, Juve, United, Liverpool, Atletico etc. Besides the financial aspect, the only thing that going through would have done last night, is delayed another CL embarrassment for a couple of months.

I'm actually excited for what the younger players can do in the Europa League latter stages.

Kubala

Rebuilding this squad would be a big job with money to spend. Without it's going to take some incredibly shrewd recruitment.

There are quite a few good players available for free summer 2022. We can't possibly attract/afford the likes of Mbappe, Dybala or Pogba but I hope we're pulling out all the stops to bring in players like Zakaria, Azmoun, Kamara etc. Even Lacazette would be an improvement on L De Jong & Braithwaite.

iniestaGOAT

Rebuilding this squad would be a big job with money to spend. Without it's going to take some incredibly shrewd recruitment.

There are quite a few good players available for free summer 2022. We can't possibly attract/afford the likes of Mbappe, Dybala or Pogba but I hope we're pulling out all the stops to bring in players like Zakaria, Azmoun, Kamara etc. Even Lacazette would be an improvement on L De Jong & Braithwaite.

We might not be balt to afford mbappe but we def can afford torres and coman. Just need to start terminating contracts and get the new TV deal ready

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Mn6KHVrNS-s.jpg

Birdy

Here is an excellent thread of tactical analysis of the game with screen-shots and everything you need to see to understand why Bayern are light years ahead of Barca at the moment
[MENTION=29755]Bobo32[/MENTION]
you will appreciate it

JerseyAddict

Here is an excellent thread of tactical analysis of the game with screen-shots and everything you need to see to understand why Bayern are light years ahead of Barca at the moment
you will appreciate it

Looks great. But on tweeter and spanish. Hard to catch it.

Richard.H

Muller said it quite well, "they have the technique and tactics down, but don't have the intensity to keep up with this level"

FinBarcelonafan

No way we have tactics down. He was being nice.

We have some level technique, but even there we are not as good as we used to.

Intensity HUGE problem. Although, I have to say it's in the whole LaLiga. It's retirement league now. Slow and old players thrive compared to Germany/England etc.

Spanish football in general needs to wake up to the modern day.

Bobo32

you will appreciate it
Yeah, thanks for the mention with the link, but I never liked reading these long threads on twitter, and my spanish is poor enough. I skimmed through and saw some examples but they looked a bit forced tbh. I might check a bit more thoroughly later.
I don't think Bayern are light years ahead. Barcelona played pretty well at the beginning of the game, but they lack an attacking threat. Dembele was given two great opportunities to score, with 2-0 the game would be different... Get back Fati in top form and buy the right forward, and it will look a lot better instantly. But Barcelona are at the start of their process, Xavi has a lot of work to do.

Home of Barca Fans