CL | Round 6: Bayern Munchen - FC Barcelona 3-0

Kul_z

Not much to be optimistic. Chances must be converted but considering our attackers form, its tragedy incoming. Lets hope we put a decent fight a only lose with 1 or two goals difference

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Reading their forum... They want to annihilate us.

theoden-lotr.gif

KingLeo10

Bayern love beating up on weak teams only to get exposed versus the strong ones. For all their chest thumping, only 2 CL in last 12 years since their "domination" began.

ajnotkeith

We have a great challenge ahead of us. Despite that, I'm disappointed to read so much pessimism and unironic predictions of us losing 5-0 or whatever, it kind of shows how far our standards dropped.

This is a Bayern that whilst is some way better than us, is one who has lost recently to Augsburg, that has lost 5-0 to Monchengladbach, that only scraped past Dynamo Kyiv 2-1,that scraped past relegation team Arminia 1-0 and taken life and death by Dortmund that just got knocked out the CL.

To sum it up, their recent form is nothing to be scared of and sides with much less quality than us have challenged or beaten them recently. If Dynamo Kyiv can make it tricky for them why can't we?

If we play in there with the right aggression, the grit, and the willingness to get a result, a point or a shock win is possible. It is time for our players to prove they are resolute and that even if they don't get a result that they will put up a fight. Make it as hard as possible for them, play rough, play dirty, do anything to win, and stay calm. It is behind closed doors as well.

We can do this!

KingLeo10

We have a great challenge ahead of us. Despite that, I'm disappointed to read so much pessimism and unironic predictions of us losing 5-0 or whatever, it kind of shows how far our standards dropped.

This is a Bayern that whilst is some way better than us, is one who has lost recently to Augsburg, that has lost 5-0 to Monchengladbach, that only scraped past Dynamo Kyiv 2-1,that scraped past relegation team Arminia 1-0 and taken life and death by Dortmund that just got knocked out the CL.

To sum it up, their recent form is nothing to be scared of and sides with much less quality than us have challenged or beaten them recently. If Dynamo Kyiv can make it tricky for them why can't we?

If we play in there with the right aggression, the grit, and the willingness to get a result, a point or a shock win is possible. It is time for our players to prove they are resolute and that even if they don't get a result that they will put up a fight. Make it as hard as possible for them, play rough, play dirty, do anything to win, and stay calm. It is behind closed doors as well.

We can do this!

I admire your optimism. I had this exact kind of exchange with [MENTION=12859]Alik[/MENTION] on the eve of our 2-8 against Bayern and we got absolutely demolished.

This Bayern has a lot of strengths and a lot of flaws, but we unfortunately don't have the manpower to punish them currently.

ajnotkeith

I admire your optimism. I had this exact kind of exchange with [MENTION=12859]Alik[/MENTION] on the eve of our 2-8 against Bayern and we got absolutely demolished.

This Bayern has a lot of strengths and a lot of flaws, but we unfortunately don't have the manpower to punish them currently.

Under no illusions as to the strength of their squad, but a couple notes.

1) This time, we should prepare tactically in a way in which conceding 3 or 4 is not possible and certainly not 8. If Xavi is tactically astute, he will shut up shop and look for opportunities to break on the counter. Despite the manner in which we lost last time, their goals were pretty weak and with more luck/a more motivated team we could have got a result in Camp Nou.

2) This game matters way more to us than it does to them, not just for the CL qualification, but for our finances, that the TV rights of CL are absolutely vital for at this moment.
Yes, they want to crush us, and their players will want to too, but no manager is risking injuries in a meaningless game and playing full strength 11 with mid week games coming up. We can expect a bit of rotation probably and if we go in there playing rough, they will surely ease off.

It won't be acceptable for us to not try. At the least, we are going in there tactically disciplined, motivated and giving it a good go. As I said much worse teams than us have done it, and if we get embarrassed again by a Bayern with nothing to play for it will be down to the mental midgets in the team throwing tantrums at the sight of good players.

Home of Barca Fans