La Liga | Round 15: FC Barcelona - Betis 0-1

Porque

Even if he could play CL, he's much too raw for Bayern game. So is Ilias. For this match, Abde simply showed more than Ilias in the time he got. Both got time vs Espanyol, Abde made an impression, Ilias didn't.

I think Abde is just what we need versus Bayern. Felt the same with Tello in 2013(that was the year?) where we just needed some raw individualistic pace for the counter. Bayern won't sit back so our best chances were/are to try and keep position and create openings while having the pace of Dembele(&Abde) to hit Bayern on the transitions. Their defenders are not individually great.

Alas, lets see what Abde does today, and how a week more of Xavi training influences his adaption to top flight football.

gregorrin10

I think Abde is just what we need versus Bayern. Felt the same with Tello in 2013(that was the year?) where we just needed some raw individualistic pace for the counter. Bayern won't sit back so our best chances were/are to try and keep position and create openings while having the pace of Dembele(&Abde) to hit Bayern on the transitions. Their defenders are not individually great.

Alas, lets see what Abde does today, and how a week more of Xavi training influences his adaption to top flight football.

Literally doesn't matter since he can't play that game.

Porque

Literally doesn't matter since he can't play that game.

Yep. Hence why Xavi wants to give Coutinho and rest Dembele, while giving EZ the start today.

Ilias and Demir are not going to be options as Bayern will easily outmuscle them. If Dembele doesn't reach match fitness then better to have Gavi doing the cutbacks from the right as he offers defensive and tactical stability.

FCBfan22

Coutinho starts...

:facepalm:

But yeah... As someone said before... Hopefully that's because Xavi is resting players.

FinBarcelonafan

Agree but Abde can't play in CL

True and vs Bayern, we need quick winger. That's how you hurt them. I checked one season every game they lost in bundesleague and every loss came down to counter and then Bayern having to take red card or failing to defend the counter. That's the only way to hurt them. I don't think our slow ball control possession will score us any goal. Sadly. It will lead to more great counters for Bayern.

And yes, don't start with three at the back. Lewa will put three behind our defense for sure, if that's the case. Four at the back and quick wingers and quick counters and we have a chance to hurt them. No bullshit slow build up, quick quick quick.

If Xavi starts Demir vs Bayern we are just screwed.

Vs Bayern I take worse winger with speed over player who is slow but skilled.

Last edited:

Windhook

We don't have much firepower up front. Would be great if Abde scores today, hope for no injuries and honestly the presence of Lenglet in the lineup terrifies me.

serghei

We don't have much firepower up front. Would be great if Abde scores today, hope for no injuries and honestly the presence of Lenglet in the lineup terrifies me.

I want a goal from Gavi or Nico. It's time. They get in good positions often, but man their shooting is all over the place.

Windhook

I want a goal from Gavi or Nico. It's time. They get in good positions often, but man their shooting is all over the place.

Yep, Nico and Gavi too, but they play with more confidence than Ez. Gavi is already a Spain international and Nico's call up I feel is coming soon.

Home of Barca Fans