Arthur Cabral

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Arthur Mendon?a Cabral (born 25 April 1998) is a Brazilian professional footballer who plays for Basel in the Swiss Super League as a striker.

maxresdefault.jpg

We are heavily rumoured to buy him in January for 15-20m. He is a 1.86m CF who weighs 86 kg. He scored 23 goals in 24 appearances for Basel this season. Scored 20 in 36 last season, and 18 in 39 in 19/20. Will be 24 years old in April.

Discuss.

Messi983

We are heavily rumoured to buy him in January for 15-20m. He is a 1.86m CF who weighs 86 kg. He scored 23 goals in 24 appearances for Basel this season. Scored 20 in 36 last season, and 18 in 39 in 19/20. Will be 24 years old in April.

Don't see us paying that sum in January, would probably be a loan with obligatory buy. OTOH MD reports we could get hm for 8-10m which I doubt. I've read Basel forum a week ago when we were first linked to him and some fans think they should get 30m for him. Don't see it happening as his contract is up in 2023 but they've apparently already rejected a 12m offer for him so no way we'll get him for less than that.

Anyway, before we'll make any moves we should offload some players to lower wages. Rescind contract of Umtiti, try to loan Coutinho and if Kun would retire in January would also help.

I like his profile and think he would be useful squad player. See a bit of a younger Willian Jose (who I've wanted to sign on loan in summer instead of getting LDJ) in him.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I like him a lot actually but struggle to see Basel letting him go. I do think he can be acquired cheaply

I also remember many scoffing at Salah when he was poached from Basel years ago, that it was a small time player at a small club

iniestaGOAT

Don't see us paying that sum in January, would probably be a loan with obligatory buy. OTOH MD reports we could get hm for 8-10m which I doubt. I've read Basel forum a week ago when we were first linked to him and some fans think they should get 30m for him. Don't see it happening as his contract is up in 2023 but they've apparently already rejected a 12m offer for him so no way we'll get him for less than that.

Anyway, before we'll make any moves we should offload some players to lower wages. Rescind contract of Umtiti, try to loan Coutinho and if Kun would retire in January would also help.

I like his profile and think he would be useful squad player. See a bit of a younger Willian Jose (who I've wanted to sign on loan in summer instead of getting LDJ) in him.

We should forget about offloading the players you named. They are never leaving.

sign this guy up, looks better than one dimensional halaand

Messi983

We should forget about offloading the players you named. They are never leaving.

sign this guy up, looks better than one dimensional halaand

Alemany has confirmed we can't sign/register new players in January without offloading some of them/lowering wages before so I think they are working hard for some departures.

Messi983

I prefer Adeyemi too but if he'll to go to Dortmund we'll have to look at other options.

I wasn't really thinking about buying Okafor in 2022 but more about follow his progress over next 18 months as I don't believe RBS would sell him next summer. They have a good system developing players and maximize their value by selling at the right time while they already have replacements prepared. Adeyemi will surely be sold but I'd be surprised to see them selling two of their "hot" forward talents in the same summer unless they'd get an offer they can't refuse for either Okafor or Sesko but that offer is unlikely to come from Barca in our current state.

They've paid a club record fee (11m) for Okafor which shows how much they rate him so they probably believe they can sell him for even more than they'll get for Adeyemi in a year or two. He'll be a starter next season alongside Sesko and/or Adamu after Adeyemi is sold. They also have another upcoming youngster Roko Simic and probably more players we don't know yet about. Sekou Koita is also still around. I've rated him higher than Patson Daka a year ago but he hasn't played much in 2021 as he was first banned for doping and then tore his ligaments. Should be back by January so I think they'll also give him a chance to increase his value.

Andresito

Staff member
The prophecy in here was that Arthur would become an undisputed starter for the coming 10 years. Maybe we were talking about the wrong Arthur.

This is the guy who will bring balance to our attack.

Home of Barca Fans