Barcelona's Best Ever XI

Messi983

Kubala is often overlooked/forgotten by (modern day) fans but he's the main reason why Camp Nou was build.

Migueli is another player who I don't think is recognized enough by younger fans. It's quite undestandable though as most of us have watched and loved Puyol who is basically his "clone".

Sailor Mars

Abidal is likely a better fit because of his defensive ability and he is able to work in a 3 man backline in possession while Alves is going forward on the right.

But I think Alba is the better talent as a leftback.
Would always opt for Alba over Abidal at LB if I didn't know what the rest of the XI was.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
If we're going by their peak levels at Barca:

VV
Dani-Pique-Puyol-Abidal
Busi-Xavi-Iniesta
Messi-Eto'o-Ronaldinho

LFCB

Eto'o 0.65 gpg Pld - 199 G - 130 A - 40 (CL pld - 38 G - 16 A - 10)
Su?rez 0.69 gpg Pld - 283 G - 195 A - 113 (CL pld - 55 G - 25 A - 22)

Su?rez 2015/16 was insane, 40 goals in the league, 8 in CL (his best tally). His away form in CL was a real problem for us, and one that hurt us many times!

Zidane82

So many options ... Michael Laudrup , Robert Prosinečki , Rivaldo or Gheorghe Hagi ... Johan Cruyff

Last edited:

malvolio

my favorite players for the front 3 would be:

--messi------rivaldo--
---------R9----------

everyone of them had the ability to single-handedly win a game for their team.

Raketa10

It's hard to say BEST XI, since probably none of us watched Cruyff or Kubala and Maradona played here for only one season and in that season he wasn't at his best. I'll go with:

Zubizarreta
Alves-Koeman-Puyol-Abidal
Busi-Xavi-Iniesta
Messi-R9-Ronaldinho

There were many more unbelievable players like: Kubala, Suarez, Laudrup, Eto'o, Pique, Guardiola, Rivaldo, Romario, Stoickov, Valdes and of course Cruyff and Maradona. We should also mention players who were superb but didn't left such a huge mark as those mentioned above: Henry, Deco, Villa, Neymar, Marquez, Hagi, Prosinecki and that traitor Figo. When you write all those names down you come to realize how big this club actually is. Unbelievable!

EDIT: IMHO Alba doesn't belong to this TOP category. He was undoubtedly great player but many times he bottled and disappeared in big games. For me Abidal is head and shoulders above this guy. I also have to correct myself, Maradona played 2 seasons for Barca.

Last edited:

i_bleed_blaugrana

Greatest, 3-4-3 Cruyff Diamond:

VV
Koeman-Migueli-Puyi
Xavi-Busi-Iniesta
Cruyff
Messi-Kubala-Ronaldinho

Closest shouts are Luis, Stoichkov, Neeskens, Dani & Laudrup. R9 & Maradona simply werent here long compared to everyone else.

21st century 11, everyone knows its the 11 under Pep + Ronaldinho and Luis, not really a difficult exercise.

Home of Barca Fans