Barcelona's Best Ever XI

Zidane82

All-time Barca team without Cruyff, really?

You would think he was automatically in there, even if you hadn't actually seen him play.
Also, Pique over Koeman? I don't know about that.

I agree ..
Cruyff would be the first pick and captain .

Koeman over Pique I would agree with also .

The basics are set in stone

Zubi
Puyol and Koeman plus 2 FBs

Busqs , Iniesta and Xavi

Up front Messi and Cruyff plus one other from ...

Ronaldo , Rivaldo , Ronaldinho or Robert Prosinečki

KingLeo10

All-time Barca team without Cruyff, really?

You would think he was automatically in there, even if you hadn't actually seen him play.
Also, Pique over Koeman? I don't know about that.

His level at Barcelona wasn't his level with Ajax. If this is Ajax Cruyff, he strolls into any XI of any time.

KingLeo10

The inclusion of Abidal and Pique is to provide some height to defend corners. Plus, Abidal is mentally stronger than Alba.

Pique has been a clown without Puyol and last few years but when he was at his best (Pep era, 14-15), he was an amazing CB.

serghei

All time Barca team is damn tough.

I mean, come on, Ronaldo, Romario, Ronaldinho, Maradona, Rivaldo, Messi.

Neymar would be basically the backup of the last sub for the offensive spots. :lol:

KingLeo10

All time Barca team is damn tough.

I mean, come on, Ronaldo, Romario, Ronaldinho, Maradona, Rivaldo, Messi. :lol:

I mean...objectively speaking...even though R9 only gave us 1 season, it was peak play ever seen from a striker. The skills of a Messi/Maradona and the strength and speed of a raging bull :lol:

I remember Lucho saying that when he first saw R9 play, he thought R9 must have been made in a lab or something.

serghei

Of the ones I've seen in my time:

Ronaldinho - Eto'o - Messi

Xavi - Busi - Iniesta

Abidal - Puyol - Pique - Alves

Valdes.

LFCB

I think Gk and Lb are the hardest positions to pick.
Gk is generally quite a hard position to judge and I don't think I can choose Alba (considering his performances) :lol:

Zidane82

I mean...objectively speaking...even though R9 only gave us 1 season, it was peak play ever seen from a striker. The skills of a Messi/Maradona and the strength and speed of a raging bull :lol:

I remember Lucho saying that when he first saw R9 play, he thought R9 must have been made in a lab or something.

The real Ronaldo was spectacular and he had to reinvent himself after a terrible injury ... pretty sure she won World Player awards before and after his change of play

Zidane82

For sheer entertainment I do not think we can look past Ronaldinho and Robert Prosinečki

:)

https://youtu.be/kKYEN3ucDCM

Why do YouTube links never work in here ?

Home of Barca Fans