Total calamity or a new dawn? a New discussion

OGbarca

Banned
i am not sure what the club intends by bringing alves back

also what is up with every video on youtube involving xavi being titled 'maestro'? hes like walking around or sitting and the title is all 'master class by conductor xavi' or 'maestro sublime' isnt it all a bit exaggerated?

Sailor Mars

i am not sure what the club intends by bringing alves back

also what is up with every video on youtube involving xavi being titled 'maestro'? hes like walking around or sitting and the title is all 'master class by conductor xavi' or 'maestro sublime' isnt it all a bit exaggerated?

Barca's social media team is pretty cringe, especially on Twitter.
But they know what the online fans like and cater to that.

iniestaGOAT

Dani probably understands the system more than anybody else. Dest and mingueza need to learn how to play the rb position they are both trash atm.

BBZ8800

The eternal need of every tribe or any social circle to feel special and better than others.

If you are currently better than others in results, then you boast with your results.
If there are no real achievements currently (like with Barca), then you cling on to the past and overrate every single thing from it, or you cling onto any youth/new coach/new president with semi decent skills and put unreal savior expectations on them.

Basically:
1. people/circles always want to feel special, it gives a meaning to their life/goals. Nobody wants to feel useless/average/irrelevant/a part of a looser's circle
2. the eternal need for HOPE and for the better future
3. the weaker your current achievements are, the more you will have crazy fixations and overrate either the past or the future (desperation)

And voila, now apply this to every football forum, political party, countries, subcultures etc.
Every social circle think that their circle is better/unique/more special than the rest.
(hint: clinging on to a mighty Barca DNA, principles and a need for a beautiful play in Barcaworld).

It will be interesting to see the mental gymnastic from both our forum and social media if Xavi fails.
Let's see who will be the next hero (some player or a coach), who will be a quick fix (a scapegoat for all problems like Raki, Ev, Barto, Koeman, Busi, bad physical preparations, medical stuff currently).

People are quite predictable and fun to watch once when you dig deeper.

Last edited:

hardyboy

I don't like saying this but we are heading towards total calamity. There is no coming back for several years where we are heading now. Danial Alves is one of those signing where you lose even the little hope that was left. This club has gone to the dogs now.

FinBarcelonafan

I don't like saying this but we are heading towards total calamity. There is no coming back for several years where we are heading now. Danial Alves is one of those signing where you lose even the little hope that was left. This club has gone to the dogs now.

Sounds like United when they got Scholes back from retirement to play again. On some level a joke and I liked Scholes. Same with Alves.

This makes us look even more unprofessional.

Gari

Last signings: Aguero, Luyuk De Jong, Alves. Is it a disaster or not yet? And the image of the club? It remains to settle in the middle of the table and everything is over.

Bobo32

People are quite predictable and fun to watch once when you dig deeper.

Did you dig deeper, or did you just rehash the same take ad infinitum without ever answering the counter-arguments?
Will you do some mental gymnastics if Xavi succeeds?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
If he is here to mentor Dest or whoever I guess it's not that bad. We'll see how it goes.

Re-build doesn't happen with Pique, Busquets or Alba being key and this only adds to legit questions about where are we heading.

mc_lovin

The 'rebuild' can happen with Pique, Busquets and co in the squad though. There's this weird misconception that we need to axe them to move forward.

As far as I am concerned we need to nail two or three transfers and are in a good place.

Rory

The 'rebuild' can happen with Pique, Busquets and co in the squad though. There's this weird misconception that we need to axe them to move forward.

As far as I am concerned we need to nail two or three transfers and are in a good place.

Pique soon to be 35, injured every now and then. Not a leader, nor is he a player who plays well due to his age/experience, can't see him being a positive influence on any CB partner that needs to learn and grow. Busquets soon to be 34, has a role as a squad player and could teach players a lot but should only be used in select circumstances imo.

Home of Barca Fans