Abde Ezzalzouli

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Full name: Abdessamad Ezzalzouli
Date of birth: 17 December 2001 (age 19)
Nationality: Moroccan
Position: Winger

4f599a34-5632-47ef-906c-1a057bb2ace5_alta-libre-aspect-ratio_default_0.jpg

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Celta was all out attack and they are poor to begin with so ample of space, yeah. Boy showed confidence though and I'll take it for now.

Catta

Looks like a low IQ player from the little samples. When he dived for the penalty, he was running with his head down, hate that characteristic on players.

But its a small sample size, can't be judged yet from one game.

ajnotkeith

He is coming from third division Hercules where he was a bench player, has barely even played any pro minutes so he's gonna be raw. More of a project player who you polish the edges of their game and see where they are in one or two years. His footballing education has been in bad teams and hasn't played any pro minutes so has a lot of room to grow.

After a season with Barca B he will probably be more involved in the first team if we won't solve the winger position.

Messi983

Prefer Ilias over him tbh but would really like to see Xavi giving a fair chance to Yusuf as well.

ajnotkeith

Demir is finished. I feel bad. He didn't deserve it.

But now 17 year old centre mids and fullbacks have been preferred over him there is no way back.

Messi983

Demir is finished. I feel bad. He didn't deserve it.

But now 17 year old centre mids and fullbacks have been preferred over him there is no way back.

Way too early to say that, he should get a fresh start under Xavi. Barjuan probably prefered Abde because he knew him better and maybe he also got some instructions from above he shouldn't play Demir (IIRC there is a clause we must buy him if he plays something like 20 games for the first team). But Xavi should have a full autonomy over the squad. If he'll see something he likes in Demir he should play. Especially with all injuries upfront he should at least be given a fair chance.

I have no doubt that Yusuf is a far superior talent to Abde.

ajnotkeith

Way too early to say that, he should get a fresh start under Xavi. Barjuan probably prefered Abde because he knew him better and maybe he also got some instructions from above he shouldn't play Demir (IIRC there is a clause we must buy him if he plays something like 20 games for the first team). But Xavi should have a full autonomy over the squad. If he'll see something he likes in Demir he should play. Especially with all injuries upfront he should at least be given a fair chance.

I can't remember, I think it was after one of the CL games, Koeman was like 'I'm not surprised were in bad form, we don't have a single right winger in the squad' (Despite Demir being in the squad)

Then he puts Dest at RW instead of Demir.

Gets sacked. Barjuan comes in and puts 17 year old CM Gavi at RW instead of Demir. All the while Demir doesn't even come off the bench or warm up.

I think he is not a right-winger at all and the coaching staff see/have seen him as a midfielder which would make sense as to why he's not playing. Also all the media seem to indicate Xavi really wants a pacy winger and not an inside forward so it makes it harder for Demir to get any minutes.

Messi983

Would give him a chance in midfield ahead of Mavericky if that's what it takes tbh. Just think would be stupid letting him go from the club and not knowing exactly what we have in him.

But with all injuries upfront we could also play 3-4-3 (Xavi has used this formation at Al Sadd initially)

Something like

MATS
Araujo-FDJ-Garcia
Dest-Busi-Nico-Alba
Pedri-Gavi
Memphis

Demir and Puig could come in rotations with Pedri and Gavi (Coutinho possibly as well, we'll see what Xavi thinks of him) could be our best formation short term.

Don't see much better options with Ansu, Dembele, Kun and Braithwaite all out for Espanyol and probably Benfica game as well. Dembele could be back after that but still wouldn't force him into the starting XI as we all know he could get injured again at any time. Probably won't see others back before January though and we also won't be able to made any signings before then (and it's also questionable if we can really get someone useful in January).

Try to establish control of midfield, limit chances to opponents and then see what we can do in attack. Probably better than forcing Segunda B wingers like Abde and Ilias (who are likely even less ready for first team football than Demir) into the lineup just because we don't have anyone else to play as a winger.

khaled_a_d

That is very strong statement tbh.
The club had a lot of faith in Abde, outright buying him for 2M while we got Demir for less, albeit with friendly contract that is likely 5 times worth than Abde.

Age in Demir side, as he is a year and half younger, but other than that I am not sure he showed more.
Both are very raw talents, lacks a lot of understanding, Abde seems the better dribbler, the quicker and the one with more identified role in comparison to Demir.

Messi983

Sure but OTOH you should also consider clubs like Bayern, Dortmund etc. were all interested in Demir while I don't think any big club was really after Abde. I just see him as someone we've signed with a hope to help Barca B and then make a small profit from him, not thinking he has any first team future. Hope he'll prove me wrong but from the little I saw from Abde I think his ceilling is probably being a squad player for lower table La Liga teams in a few years. Yusuf could get much higher than that. Not saying he'll make it here but now it's a fresh start for everyone including him.

Home of Barca Fans