Abde Ezzalzouli

Windhook

I watched that video yesterday. Some brilliant moves, indeed. But it's the typical scouting skills compilation that omits the inferiorities in his game. Hope he develops in time as his speed is really impressive.

FinBarcelonafan

To compare Neymar to some random youngster who hasn't even scored a goal yet for Barca because he made a few good dribbles seems like amnesia or delusion lol.

'Even though Neymar was way better' Yes, there is absolutely zero comparison and if Abde becomes half of what Neymar was he is a success.

Today every YouTube title is bullshit. More viewers. Shocking titles more viewers.

Bobo32

This. Nolito and Gerard had a great impact of G/A in the lower levels though. Abde hasn't shown that type of output in his short career. Another one in that mold is Carles Perez.

Related him to Adama on the previous page as an end product is unproven thus far. But has that raw dribble or dribble style of getting the ball, standing still and waiting to choose where to dribble.

How far can do you think he can go?

Yeah, maybe more of Nolito, as he is slightly more succesful in his one-man-army dribbling than Deulofeu was, but he also lacks Nolitos drive to get towards the goal, but rather looks for a cross or easy pass the times he gets past the defenders and get time to look up...

It is a bit tough to count him out completely already, I just watched his minutes in Barcelona A and that compilation you posted of him "humiliating defenders" (where it mostly looked like he was the humiliated one). He is young and getting minutes on a new level, and maybe he can develop a lot still.
But I don't see very much promise in him. He is more succesful and threatening than Depay at the moment, but that doesn't say a lot. I think he'll struggle to make it professionally.
As I said though, he is temporarily a good enough option to not try and spend a lot on some overrated winger.

behindbrowneyes

Can be to Xavi what Cuena and Tello were to Pep. Great squad players who can have an impact, ideally coming from the bench. Players you know they are not good enough longterm, but can create danger.

Porque

So far he is tenacious in the dribble while lacking in pretty much every other facet of the game. But he is the best wide-man we have (or second best after Dembele) and we should build the wide attacking positions around them too right now.

Both of their games would be perfect for Haaland, as they beat their man and centre to good positions which he could poach.

Cavani might be the smartest buy we can try for in winter.

Bobo32

He plays about the same way as he looks - a bit pre-humanoid.
He gets the ball, lowers his shoulders and his head, sucks in air to brace as if he was a powerlifter, checks where the open space is, and tries his best to get there. Sometimes he gets there, and then sometimes he gets enough time to raise his head to see if there is someone available, sometimes he gets the ball into the general area of someone.
He relies heavily on speed and tricks, but he isn't very fast and he isn't very technical.

Today he was the best out of the front three, playing like that.

FinBarcelonafan

He plays about the same way as he looks - a bit pre-humanoid.
He gets the ball, lowers his shoulders and his head, sucks in air to brace as if he was a powerlifter, checks where the open space is, and tries his best to get there. Sometimes he gets there, and then sometimes he gets enough time to raise his head to see if there is someone available, sometimes he gets the ball into the general area of someone.
He relies heavily on speed and tricks, but he isn't very fast and he isn't very technical.

Today he was the best out of the front three, playing like that.

He relies on speed and he isn't very fast? Fast in the brain area?

What?

He is very quick/fast. Clockd 33km/h today I think. Acceleration very good too.

serghei

I don't like his style. In general, I don't believe in the idea that you have to give the ball to wide men and pray. That's not how we should attack. This guy attempts more take-ons than Salah, who I reckon is the best in the world at the minute in terms of dribbling.

Combinations over forcing individual actions on the wings, please. Which is NOT what we're doing. What we're doing is releasing the ball wide and hoping Dembele or this guy does some magic with it. Hello... these are not 2009 Messi or Ronaldinho, or 2015 Neymar, to be giving them so much influence in our overall attacking plan.

Last edited:

serghei

Ansu Fati is the only legit forward we have, I mean someone who we can count on at the highest level. And even he is with question marks for the future with injuries and all, but I think he can overcome those problems.

Dembele will be the same as he is now at 30. He'll have one good action, then he'll pass straight to the opponent in the next second, have one nice shot, and shoot it in row z the next minute. The word inconsistent and immature were basically invented for him.

Devils

Our scouts must be smoking crack for suggesting this guy.

Honestly, he makes Carles Perez and Jose Arnaez look like world-beaters.

Just chaotically dribbling with his head down with a 10% success rate and has literally zero end product after he completes a successful dribble.

Out of all of the likes of Cuenca/Tello/Munir/Sandro/Traore/Arnaez/Perez...this guy looks worse than all of them.

Home of Barca Fans