Abde Ezzalzouli

Porque

Average game offensively, but helped a lot in defence. Was tired and ready for a substitution in the last 15-20 which Xavi didn't opt for.

Nice cross for Gavi which almost resulted in a goal, and the cut back which Gavi was booked on.

ajnotkeith

He seems a little slow. Might be because of the rain today but looked quite slow.

Not slow in general but for a winger with his profile having good pace is kind of necessary and if you lack it it can be hard to go against the better defenders.

khaled_a_d

Say what you want about him (and there is plenty of deserved criticism) but our offense is totally different since he and Dembele started on our flanks.
Since Xavi was hired:
5 games(Espanyol, before that duo start: 5 goals.
3 games with them as starters: 6 goals, and last 2 games we should have scored far more.

The speed, dribbling and continues attack of defense change the whole dynamics of our offense.
Atm he should be 4th option in attack when all team healthy, he earned that IMO
And yes, that is mainly due to shitty attack we have

khaled_a_d

He seems a little slow. Might be because of the rain today but looked quite slow.

Not slow in general but for a winger with his profile having good pace is kind of necessary and if you lack it it can be hard to go against the better defenders.

Didn't he record 33.4 KM/H today?

ajnotkeith

Didn't he record 33.4 KM/H today?

It may not be his overall top clocked speed, it may be acceleration or agility but it looked like to me he's struggling to get round his defender after knocking the ball on. Have to look closer next game, I think others have commented on it as well.

For example Dembele probably doesn't have top speed much faster than that but looks like he's moving at the speed of light when he dribbles.

Porque

It may not be his overall top clocked speed, it may be acceleration or agility but it looked like to me he's struggling to get round his defender after knocking the ball on. Have to look closer next game, I think others have commented on it as well.

For example Dembele probably doesn't have top speed much faster than that but looks like he's moving at the speed of light when he dribbles.

A bit flat footed today. Might have been the weather, or judging by how he finished the match, overall fatigue. Three 90 minute games in the space of 9 days would be my guess. For a player coming from not alot of football to LaLiga.

EDIT

Also it was his first high level opponent and high level defender. So it could also be about levels.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Last 20 minutes or so he was fatigued for sure, but early on I didn't feel that tbh
Dembele actually looked slower this season than his usual self.

Cristian Tello was a quick motherfucker, too. But in Barca style of football speed is just not enough of quality. Probably in a Geggenpress style team, I guess.

Abde isn't long term player here unless he massively improved, but considering current players I rate him as 4th option, after Fati/Depay/Dembele and ahead of Demir/Braithwaite/Luuk.
His speed is very much needed IMO

Last edited:

Devils

I like his dribbling ability, but that's about it.

He's also super one dimensional in his play. 95% of the time he tries to do is dribble around his fullback and run towards goal from the backline. He really doesn't seem to have any crossing ability from outside the box or cutting in technique.

This guy is not even close to the level required.

Home of Barca Fans