Xavi speaks about his return

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
New Barca coach, Xavi Hernandez, spoke about his return and what he expects.

1585469343_678019_1585469897_noticia_normal.jpg

"We will work to the maximum. In the end we are Barca, we are in the best club in the world and the best club in the world has to win, we cannot tie or lose. Therefore, maximum requirement."

"We will try to make the players happy. We will have to work hard and with the clear objectives of trying to win, it is clear. I am very positive and will have to work a lot to make things click."

"In the end I have also experienced bad situations, it is not the best moment in the history of the club but I want to explain what my idea is. And work hard, make a team."

"I think it is a matter of teamwork and I am looking forward to do things well. But obviously I need to talk to them to see how they are. I am also very grateful to Sergi Barjuan and his work because today there is a game and it is very important. Teamwork is the most important thing."

On coaching former teammates

"I see it as an advantage, it has already happened to me at Al Sadd. I know five players very well because they were teammates and I see it as a positive point because I know how they train, I know what they are like, and they are the team captains. I see it as an advantage."

Messigician

Xavi: ?When you have a manager that does not demand enough from you, you play at a 5/10, maybe 5.5/10 level. When you have a manager that always expects a 10/10 from you, you might play at an 8/10 level. But damn, that 8/10 wins you titles.?

serghei

Xavi: ?When you have a manager that does not demand enough from you, you play at a 5/10, maybe 5.5/10 level. When you have a manager that always expects a 10/10 from you, you might play at an 8/10 level. But damn, that 8/10 wins you titles.?

No doubt. That's what complacency means. Why should you strive for 10/10 when you can half-ass it, put in 5/10 performances consistently, be one of the captains even, and still play and earn a lot of money as if you're still as good as 8 years ago.

It's the same as in every job. If the leaders and the managers aren't demanding enough, the employees won't feel they need to deliver consistently.

Daisymorr

What do we think are Xavi's targets are for the remainder of the seaon?

CL qualification?
Win a trophy (copa del ray is only one realistically?)
just get us playing well in an attacking style?

Its hard to know what is realistic with this squad of players.

FinBarcelonafan

CL qualification?

Xavi needs to fix defense first. We can't defend at all. It's abysmal. As long as we keep defending this bad we will never be on the top again. Defense is the priority number one for me. Players need to know how to defend. Today it's just chaos.

Compare City defending lead vs United today. Wow wow. What a masterclass. Barca draws after 3-0 up.. Jesus.

Defending very chaotic and clueless.

ajnotkeith

Xavi needs to fix defense first. We can't defend at all. It's abysmal. As long as we keep defending this bad we will never be on the top again. Defense is the priority number one for me. Players need to know how to defend. Today it's just chaos.

Compare City defending lead vs United today. Wow wow. What a masterclass. Barca draws after 3-0 up.. Jesus.

Defending very chaotic and clueless.

Making Vigo look like Pep's Barca.

ajnotkeith

CL qualification?

Could possibly be Europa League and top4 will definitely be his target because we need the money from the CL rights

Home of Barca Fans