Xavi returns as Barca coach

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Al-Sadd gave back the passport to Barca legend, Xavi Hernandez, who is now free to return to his boyhood club as new coach.

Xavi-Hernandez.jpg

Replacing fellow club legend Ronald Koeman, fired last week following back-to-back defeats to Real Madrid in El Clasico and newly-promoted Rayo Vallecano, his hiring ends a near two-year hunt for the 41-year-old.

serghei

Let's hope for the best. I don't want him to complain the grass is not cut short, or to say that games where we have 70% possession but only 2 shots are good performances. Other than that, plenty to be positive about.

jamrock

I hope he does well & can evolve to match the modern game while keeping true to our culture.

I personally think it's a bit too early he has been involved in football none stop for over 20 years now, he might stuffer from burn out soon, he should have taken a year off, but I wish him the best.

Morten

Let's hope for the best. I don't want him to complain the grass is not cut short, or to say that games where we have 70% possession but only 2 shots are good performances. Other than that, plenty to be positive about.

Oh, we all know its coming.

fergus90

Welcome back home legend! One of my all-time favourite players. Let's hope it works out from the sidelines!

KingLeo10

The man is winning personified.

When he was in his prime, Spain won everything.

When he was in his prime, Barcelona won everything.

Welcome back, GOAT CM.

Morten

Anyhow, i reckon Barcelonas football will be a bit better with Xavi than with Koeman, though the underlying problems with the squad will still be a pain.

mc_lovin

Anyhow, i reckon Barcelonas football will be a bit better with Xavi than with Koeman, though the underlying problems with the squad will still be a pain.

I don't have too many expectations:
1) Get some structure into our midfield.
2) Not another toxic authoritarian please, which I don't think he is.

Offensively the next few signings are more important than the coach (and injuries obviously).

Home of Barca Fans