Xavi returns as Barca coach

jairzinho

He will only be good based on what he has to work with, which isn't much tbh. Pep had some great players, including Xavi himself. What Xavi has to work with now doesn't even come close to that. If Dembele and Fati stay fit i think we will do really well. If team continues with injuries i think he will struggle just as much as Koeman did. Maybe we might be better stylistically, but results wise, we won't improve much.

SmilerBam

He will only be good based on what he has to work with, which isn't much tbh. Pep had some great players, including Xavi himself. What Xavi has to work with now doesn't even come close to that. If Dembele and Fati stay fit i think we will do really well. If team continues with injuries i think he will struggle just as much as Koeman did. Maybe we might be better stylistically, but results wise, we won't improve much.

The important thing is to see a progess and clear identity of play.It's unreasonable to think this team is capable of winning major trophies. If i see a clear identity on team;s play this season, i ll call that a success from Xavi.

JerseyAddict

I wish him all the luck. He will need it. I don't doubt him at all. I doubt in the players he has. If he succeeds in making them at least mentally more stable, he will do a lot

Nucky

What Xavi needs now is patience and support.. Nothing comes over night, example for that is Klopp in Liverpool.. He also took over a team wich was utter shit and made champions of England,Europe and the world out of them, of course with some good signings.. But it took Klopp 3 years to actually win something with Liverpool.. I don't exepct Barca to win anything his season, even with Xavi.. It will take time to make a winning team again.. But I do expect Barca to finish TOP 4 and qualify for UCL next year..

FinBarcelonafan

What Xavi needs now is patience and support.. Nothing comes over night, example for that is Klopp in Liverpool.. He also took over a team wich was utter shit and made champions of England,Europe and the world out of them, of course with some good signings.. But it took Klopp 3 years to actually win something with Liverpool.. I don't exepct Barca to win anything his season, even with Xavi.. It will take time to make a winning team again.. But I do expect Barca to finish TOP 4 and qualify for UCL next year..

True and at least they still had money. Barca is disaster in almost every possible way. Politics, no money and other turmoil within the club.

It will be long process. Hopefully we see signs of improved team play though.

Messigician

❗Ramon Canal, Barcelona's head of medical services, analysts, and physical trainers, has been relieved from his duties today.

? @moillorens

JerseyAddict

It was fuckin time. I don't care was it him or was it someone else. But this level of injuries has to be reduced

Nucky

True and at least they still had money. Barca is disaster in almost every possible way. Politics, no money and other turmoil within the club.

It will be long process. Hopefully we see signs of improved team play though.

Yes but they gained most of the money through selling players.. After Klopp took over Liverpool they didn't threw money away, they made some racional signings wich payed off.. Allison,Van Dijk came after they sold us Coutinho.. Barca on the other hand has some a lot of potential in youth, we should work on that, after all Barcelona was always better in making players than buying them.. In the golden era the best players were home grown, the likes of Puyol,Xavi,Iniesta,Messi..

Nucky

�� Barca when Xavi took over
��Place in LaLiga: 9
�� Points earned: 17
⚽ Last 5 games: 1 win, 2 draws, 2 defeats

�� Barca after the Atleti win
��Place in LaLiga: 4
�� Points earned: 38
⚽ Last 5 games: 3 wins, 2 draws, 0 defeats

Impressive and its only the beganning..

Magyarkhan

�� Barca when Xavi took over
��Place in LaLiga: 9
�� Points earned: 17
⚽ Last 5 games: 1 win, 2 draws, 2 defeats

�� Barca after the Atleti win
��Place in LaLiga: 4
�� Points earned: 38
⚽ Last 5 games: 3 wins, 2 draws, 0 defeats

Impressive and its only the beganning..

Its funny btw how many games are won with a 1 and 4 in it for the number of goals :)

Home of Barca Fans