La Liga | Round 9: FC Barcelona - Real Madrid 1-2

serghei

Still waiting for Koeman's first fluke win in a big game. By pure chance we should get one at some point :p

What I liked against Kiev, and that wasn't much, was that we looked more compact than usually (especially in the 2nd half). But I am not too optimistic. Not even about Koeman getting sacked if we lose.

I think he's already past that point. The Levante manager had a much better record than Koeman in the big games. Even fluke wins should have come by now.

Last edited:

SmilerBam

3-2 Barca
Memphis and Ansu brace

Madrid will get too cocky, Benzema preoccupied with trial, all will look to Vinicius to turn Roberto/Mingueza inside out, playing CKM in the midfield who'll get pulled apart by Gavi until Fede-Camavinga get inserted too late and probably Lucas at RB who will give Ansu goals.

Lol. We both know you ain't losing this match.If you do, you should retire from this season, this is the worst Barca i ever seen. And i am not that young.

El Gato

Villarato!
Lol. We both know you ain't losing this match.If you do, you should retire from this season, this is the worst Barca i ever seen. And i am not that young.

Nah. Clasicos are more than quality of players and they regularly drop or raise level against expectation. Last few Clasicos could have gone either way at some point in the game. We will see. I agree we're favourites but who knows. We don't do well when labelled as big favourites, especially post Cristiano.

I think it'll be close and a lot depends on which midfielders Ancelotti goes with. He needs youth in the centre. Fede a big reason why last year it was 3:1

Horatio

You're welcome
I think it will be closer than most people think.

I think our defense will overperform and midfield will be decent, but who's gonna score the goal?

Maybe Pique or Araujo from Memphis cross.

Last edited:

Cool

Think we will play 3 at the back with Oscar and Dest doubling up on Vini, rest of the line picks itself.

Birdy

To be honest, it was probably more about Kiev being shite. They haven't scored one goal in three games. I think their forwards are injured too.

Koeman in big game? His tactics arent good enough.

He fluked that one win vs Juventus away. The best performance in a big game.

No, I think best performance on a big game came against Sevilla twice, PSG away, and Cup final against Bilbao.
these were the 4 best big game performances and all came within 1 month or so

Think we will play 3 at the back with Oscar and Dest doubling up on Vini, rest of the line picks itself.

I think Dest as RW makes it a de facto that we are playing hybrid between 4-3-3 and 5-3-2
Not bad, if you dedicate 1 man to mak-mark Vinicius.

Just hope this man is Oscar who stood up against Mbape last March, and not the ex-footballer by the name of Roberto

JamDav1982

Some folk love to go on about Mingueza v Mbappe when it was a game he did fairly well in and also a game he was taken off after half an hour as on verge of red card.

Needs to show much better defending than just flying in to anything that moves that will win a lot of balls and result in a lot of mistakes. The PSG game showed that all within half an hour.

Game against Kiev the other night he did nothing going forward and needs to improve on that.

Would play him v Real if Dest is RW as he will more or less be third CB but he is not great.

Last edited:

Gari

Andres Iniesta
@ andresiniesta8
With an eye on #ElClasico, here is my eleven in great game mode
FCTvDYSWQAEs1co

Bobo32

Not the most big-ball formation to pick by Mr. Andres there, basically the same as the coach last game.

I think the formation is decent though, much better than it has been most of the time. I'd like Puig to be in of course, and I think Roberto might be better than either of the ones on the right wing. I also think Pique has looked a bit out of it lately... Well it's easy to sit on the outside and complain, if Koeman picks Iniestas formation I won't blame him on the formation, but I am pretty sure I will have to blame him for other things.

Home of Barca Fans