La Liga | Round 9: FC Barcelona - Real Madrid 1-2

Flavius

So many opportunities to shoot and they didn't... I mean how can you score if you don't shoot? It can always deflect (like their second goal). Just before 2nd, Depay plays a back pass...why?

It is what it is, was my first Clasico on the stadium, amazing atmosphere, shame on the result. :)

Love you Barca!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211025-014944_Collect.jpg
    Screenshot_20211025-014944_Collect.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 8

SABANS

Yup..ill have to repeat myself....we got rid (too easy) of some decent midfield players that have experience for these young guys that can just run, and don't have idea about when to pass and when to step on the ball. At the end of the day its all Koeman...obviously his Phillosophy is not working at Barca....

jairzinho

Apart from a couple moments, We were mostly clueless in the final third. Madrid on the other hand ( as bad as they are right now) knew perfectly well how they would attack us, especially with their front three. Vinicius and Rodrygo made runs in behind, cut inside, won 1v1's, shoot, cross etc. Our front three or whatever that was didn't have much of a clue about how to break Madrid down. It's like they were freestyling. There was no distinct pattern of building up to attack the goal. And what's worse, when you play with midfielders who are afraid to shoot, it's tough to score.

Zidane82

Apart from a couple moments, We were mostly clueless in the final third. Madrid on the other hand ( as bad as they are right now) knew perfectly well how they would attack us, especially with their front three. Vinicius and Rodrygo made runs in behind, cut inside, won 1v1's, shoot, cross etc. Our front three or whatever that was didn't have much of a clue about how to break Madrid down. It's like they were freestyling. There was no distinct pattern of building up to attack the goal. And what's worse, when you play with midfielders who are afraid to shoot, it's tough to score.

Coutinho loves a shot but gets slaughtered for trying

FinBarcelonafan

Well said and the biggest complaint from me about this game. We looked totally clueless in the offensive zone.

Vini-Benz different level in the offensive zone

JamDav1982

Barca may well have had the clearer chances than Real and couldnt convert them while Alba zings one in from distance.

Would need to watch back but didnt feel like Real had the better chances. Finished better though.

Horatio

You're welcome
As asual people look at result and build their narrative from there. Not every loss means outclassed lol. We had better chances.

Madrid played everything on the counter and nothing else. Which makes sense, because we do not have the fastest team and they have fast wingers.
Thought Vinicius and Rodrygo were contained well.

We had the better chances. Failed to convert.

Last edited:

Birdy

As asual people look at result and build their narrative from there. Not every loss means outclassed lol. We had better chances.

Madrid played everything on the counter and nothing else. Which makes sense, because we do not have the fastest team and they have fast wingers.
Thought Vinicius and Rodrygo were contained well.

We had the better chances. Failed to convert.

Yes, no one was outclassed.
Some might say RM's plan 'worked', but in reality when you let your opponent 2 clear goal-scoring chances, and you could have yielded a draw any moment,
you were not really in control.

Draw would have been the fair result

Horatio

You're welcome
Yes, no one was outclassed.
Some might say RM's plan 'worked', but in reality when you let your opponent 2 clear goal-scoring chances, and you could have yielded a draw any moment,
you were not really in control.

Draw would have been the fair result

Draw would have been fair but I also think Ter Stegen let us down. Most people say he is not to blame but how come Real scores goal from first attempt and it is freaking Alaba with his first freaking goal(not counting his own goal)? Ter Stegen to me looks like he held back his jump. Misjudged where ball would have ended up. On second one if he had cleared the ball anywhere else it would meant it would not have landed right in front of Lucas' feet. And of course if Coutinho shot he didn't slip 2nd real goal would never happened. But tbf Coutinho had decent game overall. But still typical of him to fumble there.

We get really unlucky at critical moments. Probably mental weakness. Bring in that psychologist or psychiatrist whatever.

Real's plan only "worked" because we fumbled some big chances. If Real bets on that happening, they outclassed us. But they didn't.

Birdy

Draw would have been fair but I also think Ter Stegen let us down. Most people say he is not to blame but how come Real scores goal from first attempt and it is freaking Alaba with his first freaking goal(not counting his own goal)? Ter Stegen to me looks like he held back his jump. Misjudged where ball would have ended up. On second one if he had cleared the ball anywhere else it would meant it would not have landed right in front of Lucas' feet. And of course if Coutinho shot he didn't slip 2nd real goal would never happened. But tbf Coutinho had decent game overall. But still typical of him to fumble there.

We get really unlucky at critical moments. Probably mental weakness. Bring in that psychologist or psychiatrist whatever.

I can maybe blame him for giving Lucas the rebound, but I think Garcia is more at fault there, he didn't run fast enough to get there first, he did not even try to reach the ball through tackling

As for Alaba's goal, I don't blame him.
When the shot is perfect he is not at fault.

Problem for me was that we didn't create enough chances.
Only two significant chances (the 2nd coming in min. 96'), when the our 'non-shot' xG was 2.5 over 1.7 of Madrid.
Translation: we could not covert our dominance into final attempts

That's something to look at and work on

PS: A single tactical point, that needs some paragraphs at least to be analyzed properly, is that Koeman and Schreuder made a mistake in playing Ansu as CF and Depay as LW.
Both player's game weakened by the tweak in position.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans