Alberto Moleiro

Messi983

E_bVXUkWUAUM9ru.jpg

am.png

Apparently the next big thing coming from the Canary Islands. Barca was constantly linked to him in recent months and want to repeat the Pedri operation but there are other clubs interested as well. His release clause is reportedly 9m.

Messi983

(MOLEIRO): Barcelona have held talks with Las Palmas for midfielder Alberto Moleiro (18), like cost of the transfer with the view of leaving him at his current club until 2023.

• The structure of the deal can be similar to Pedri. Via (��): [MENTION=26750]Samuel[/MENTION]marsden @moillorens[espn]

Pedri, Gavi, Pablo, Moleiro

#wemove

Porque

You been watching more Las Palmas than me, but he hasn't seemed outstanding.

He is involved in their attack. Probably low cost but he is in a weird position where it might be better to sign and loan back to Las Palmas with Pimienta being there, rather than go to B.

Messi983

From what I've read our plan is to loan him back. Might also lower price a bit if they keep him for another season and can help them in promotion hunt next year.

He clearly didn't stand out to me like 16 yo Pedri did but still a good talent worth investing 5m (and future add-ons if he actually makes it here longterm) in.

Just hope we're also considering signing likes of Arnau Martinez/Trilli, maybe Alejandro Frances as well and not just offensive minded midfielders of similar mould we already have a few of them at the club.

I'll never say no to cheap Spanish talents regardless of positions they're playing though. We should continue to look for hidden gems as we've clearly had more success with them than with big money signings (not just 100m flops but basically most signings worth 30m+).

Porque

Agreed. Trajectory isn't linear and while we have been blessed with Pedri and Gavi extremely young breakouts, there will still be talents 18/19 we should look at developing.

Talking of young talents. That Fenerbache talent we have been linked with (along with PSG and Dortmund) looks excellent.

Porque

MD reporting that we are cooling on this deal for both sporting and economic reasons. With the contract expiring in 2023 the club may assess for a season and sign him there.

Las Palmas have said that staying or selling, he will be at the club until 2023.

Call me squared, but given the circumstances, couldn't we offer 5m (to be paid next Summer) while leaving Moleiro to play the season at Palmas.

Messi983

If he has his heart set to join Barca only (maybe but not sure if true) then we could wait until January and sign him on pre-contract without paying anything. It's risky though. Las Palmas will either want to renew him or try to sell (including a loan back) to another club but in the end it's up to what he wants. It's becoming a trend for even better/more proven players than Moleiro (Mbappe and Dembele the most obvious examples) to get into the last 6 months of their contracts when they can freely negotiate with all interested clubs before deciding. Not sure we should get into any bidding war for him though. He's talented no doubt but don't see him on the same level with Pedri and Gavi. And even Pablo Torre is probably a step or two above Moleiro.

khaled_a_d

Call me squared, but given the circumstances, couldn't we offer 5m (to be paid next Summer) while leaving Moleiro to play the season at Palmas.

We spent 7M on Emre and Torre already, we can't go out there spending 5M on every AM out there tbh
Would prefer to use that on defense or attack.

Porque

We spent 7M on Emre and Torre already, we can't go out there spending 5M on every AM out there tbh

That's fair.

I'm suggesting we pay them a nominal fee next summer rather than signing him on a free to remain good relations. They have a good academy with a catchment area of almost 1 million. After Pedri and Moleiro it would probably be worth the long-term relationship.

FinBarcelonafan

What's up with that? Barca want to make a dream team of AMs? Ten at the same time! Heck, goalkeeper should be able to play midfield too. Revolution of football, eleven AMs playing together.

We are the new City. Trying to win without striker.

Messi983

Villarreal and Eintracht are reportedly also interested in Moleiro.

Yeah, tbh would rather use 5m on Arnau Martinez if Girona won't be promoted. Depends on what we'll do in the first team though. If we'll get Dodo from Shakthar then Arnau is not as needed (could still be a good backup plan if Brazilian kid flops) but OTOH if we'll sign Azpi alongside renewing Alves and Roberto then getting a possible longterm solution would be a smart choice. Either Arnau or that Trilli guy from Deportivo we were linked to before. Don't know who has a higher upside but Arnau is a better player right now and possibly close to be ready for La Liga (at least easier games).

Not sure who a striker talent we can get for similar money would be, they are usually more expensive. We can probably get another winger or two in the mould of Fabio Blanco and Abde though.

But then again, I think we can easily buy 3-4 talents for 3-5m each as long as we don't need to register them for the first team, lol. So maybe sign a few of these kids either for Barca B or to leave them on loan at their respective clubs. Especially those who are already established starters so we know they will continue to play regularly and develop at a higher level than Segunda B.

Home of Barca Fans